Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new here and I was wondering if anyone knew how the tensioner pully on the mower deck is supposed to be attached, mine just came off and it seems to loose when I put it back on. Thanks for any help. (I have a MF10 so i'm assuming its a 610 deck)

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
I will post up a clear one when I get home, the tension bracket is hidden in that photo.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
OK, here they are... Sorry it took me so long, I forgot about it. Take careful note of the belt, it can be routed wrong and seem too long. I forget the path, but I did it once and was left scratching my head! I think it was where it loops back to the left idle pulley from the gear box.

BTW... you are new, so you never saw the refurb I did last year on this, but the texture under the shield is a sprayed on truck bed liner. (tinted red) I had a shop spray it to match the shape of the top shield by drawing on the primer with a sharpie so they could mask it off. It has held up great and keeps the rust away.

And just because I love to show it off..... Fully restored, all new bearings, seals, and new stainless steel hardware.

·
Tractorholic
129 Posts
Since you enjoy doing these so much we can trade , I'll have a restored one and you will have a other project. !!!:madhop:

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
I have more dang projects in the fire right now it's not funny!

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is exactly what I was looking for, Thanks a lot! Your refurb came out great, nice tractor. Did you repaint the hood as well?

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Nope, that is original. All that has been painted is the mower deck, seat pan, and the grille. (and the cowl too) I have all the sheet metal steps and tin removed, sandblasted, and in primer with some spare parts on the tractor. Soon I want to shoot a coat of paint on those gray parts. The hood and all the rest will be done after I finish my hydro project and I can tear the gear drive tractor down to finish the job.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Justpics, I just wanted to point out that according to FFEMT's pics, your belt is routed wrong.

·
Tractorholic
129 Posts
caseguy said:
Justpics, I just wanted to point out that according to FFEMT's pics, your belt is routed wrong.
Well, !! what a way to greet someone who has been on a long MC ride when he get's back:wave: Thanks, that is the way it came. I have to adjust the drive belts as it hardly moves the tractor now. so will attempt to redo them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts