Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the center blade doe's not cut as even as the 2 outer blades, on my 1556 bolens,,42" cut.. the belt is new,,,new blades,,and bearings and spindles are good... I know the wife likes to put the pedal to the metal all the time.. it seems to do a bit better at a slower speed and at WOT.. But I was wondering if the tentioner spring could also cause some of this problem..

Any thoughts...?????????? PS,,,,,,,,, yes the blades are at the same height..... Thanks...sodi

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check the blade direction.... Can't rule it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Run at wide-open-throtle

I think it's a model # 18422 On my 1556 bolens,,,,,,,,Hydro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,15 hp tec..

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
When you say that the blade does not cut even, does it leave little stingers, does it cut higher than the others, or is it just not cutting well?

How big is your wife? How far down does the seat go when she gets on? What??? Well he asked for our help!!! Don't yell at me!
I'm not yelling, I'm just shaking my head.

Ben W.

·
Registered
602 Posts
How big is your wife? How far down does the seat go when she gets on? What??? Well he asked for our help!!! Don't yell at me!
I can't stop laughing. :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Okay, now that I got my composure back ...

Have you checked

BRB ... :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

·
Registered
313 Posts
weight placed in the middle of the tractor will not effect the position of the center blade based on flex no matter how large or small the person in question , ground clearance based on tire pressure maybe , just make sure you're antiscalp rollers are adjusted properly :smilewink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts