Garden Tractor Forums banner

MTD 990 brake parts

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  smath9085 
#1 ·
I'm restoring an old MTD 990. I need brake parts. Namely parts 62 through 74 in the owners manual. This tractor did not come with them. No one local has them, no one on Facebook marketplace will ship, and I can't get the time off work to drive cross country. amazon/eBay also show nothing.

That being said, where would I order parts from? I would love to finish this thing up.

#3 ·
Did you ever find the brake parts you need? I’m in north Texas area and have an old parts 990. Not sure what all is there but most/all the brake parts are. The tractor is 70 miles away in a barn so I can’t just walk out to check it. If you need other parts I might still have extras. I bought the thing so I would have spares.

Are you anywhere close?

Ron

#4 ·
Did you ever find the brake parts you need? I’m in north Texas area and have an old parts 990. Not sure what all is there but most/all the brake parts are. The tractor is 70 miles away in a barn so I can’t just walk out to check it. If you need other parts I might still have extras. I bought the thing so I would have spares. Are you anywhere close? Ron
I am clear up in West Virginia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.