Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I am hoping that someone can help me find a service manual (pdf or actual book) for my 1978 MURRAY 11/36(11HP B&S with a 36 INCH DECK). I bought it almost 5 years ago when I learned that my half brother TRADED our Dad's MURRAY 11/36 for an 8 ball of meth. I need to mainly get part numbers for the transaxle assembly(all seals and bearings and whatnot) as well as other part numbers. My unit sat for 25 years before I got it. It's sat for the last 4 years due to the blade spindles seizing up and bearings in the spindles falling out. I have spent the last 3 years looking for a Service Manual and a Parts Book for this lovely old beast. Build date code says that it was built 7318(1977 on the 318th day). Yes I know how to read the build date on these.
Motor vehicle Font Red Gas Magenta

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks real familiar. I'll have to go look tomorrow but I think I have one like it that was here when I moved in. Tried to remove the wheels once but was just destroying them so I quit.
Don
yeah I bent the rim on both. BUT at least 1 wheel came off with the axle. I wanna find the seals and bearings(most of the needle bearings are missing in the 1 pic) so that I can rebuild it. I plan on rebuilding the whole tractor as well as build a blade for it. I need to find a seat for it as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. Just need to get new spindles for the old deck. Has/had the STAR blade adapter on the spindles. Somehow the threads got screwed up on the 1 spindle. So it is either rebuild the threads or buy either a 2 pack of new spindles or a new 3 pack of spindles because the 1 of the older ones is still good. Choices, choices. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts