1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
Hostess employees are on strike.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
I drove by the bakery in Tulsa yesterday, I wanted to stop and tell them where the unemployment office is.

I guess no pay is better than a cut in pay.

·
GT Tinkerer
1,346 Posts
I read that Hostess has closed it's doors after one of the unions threatened to strike. The "owner" has called it quits and has permanently layed off all 18,500 employees. I assume the seller is taking advantage of them closing up.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Hostess is bankrupt, and the Teamers agreed to the new contract, but the bakers union said no, and went on strike.

·
Another Classic Tractor
2,496 Posts
It appears Hostess is done. Too bad for the workers. The Twinkie should survive with a new owner.

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
WE'LL GET PO'D AND YELL AT FOLKS! Sorry, I'm out of Twinkies.

Reactions: shorty

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
What are people thinking? I haven't bought twinkies, or other Hostess products in years, but 405.oo. Holy cow.

I read that Hostess is going out of business, but what makes a twinkie collectible? I feel bad for the 18,500 workers. I don't eat those products, but what is this country coming too?

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
What are people thinking? I haven't bought twinkies, or other Hostess products in years, but 405.oo. Holy cow.

I read that Hostess is going out of business, but what makes a twinkie collectible? I feel bad for the 18,500 workers. I don't eat those products, but what is this country coming too?
I just looked at ebay. a box of 10 Twinkies is selling for $35 on average LOL.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts