Garden Tractor Forums banner

Must Be Rare!

3K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  middleageddeere 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Looks nice. But for that price he should have more pictures and be a little more descriptive.

And here are the things I noticed just from the one picture.
He didn't put all the decals on it.
The sheet metal piece above the foot rest is mounted crooked and he drilled through the fender to mount it.
Non original seat
Extra holes drilled in the front bumper (mount)

And on top of it, it just says seller refurbished ( not restored or rebuilt)

After seeing how he mounted that sheet metal, I can only imagine the condition of the engine and hydro.

No attachments and a starting bid of $2255.00 LOL!!!!!!!!! The front tires are even worn.

He must not want to sell this. I think someone is doing this as a joke. ( I hope)

#5 ·
Looks good at first glance. it's interesting that he has no other views of the tractor. How can you bid on something like that without seeing it from all sides, under the hood etc. I see a gasket at the hood/cowl. I don't remember one being there but I haven't studid these tractors much.. Somehow the tin doesn't look right as Chris noted. There are no decals other than the hood from what you can see.
There has been someone up here trying to sell an early JD110 RF with attachments that has been restored and they were asking 5500 I think. It recently came back for sale at the low price of 4950. It would be interesting to see if any of these high priced tractors actually sell and what they go for.

#6 ·
Way out of my price range. The two I've seen that sold really high both belonged to A.J. Foyt and were all original one owner tractors with less than 100 hours time since new. He used them to pull his airplane in and out of the hanger. Can't remember what brand they were etc. They both brought just over $5,000 each.

#7 ·
I think that the price is too high, unless the tractor is made out of gold! Kinda makes me wonder too why only one pic and man what a description for the tractor: "Yes, it is good as it looks." For all we know, the motor could be stuck!

#9 ·
Ha! That's just a half hour from me! If I had the time, I'd go look at it just to see. NO WAY he'll get a bid, but it's a nice tractor never the less. Seems weird no more pics or no info at all on it. If it's legit, he'll still have it when "Glendale Crossing" days come this Fall. Maybe they'll bring it to the show.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just had to send the seller a question...lets see if they respond. I'm sure they won't add it to the listing, but maybe they will directly to me (They might actually tell me where to go LOL):

Your listing is not going to get any attention without more pics & some general mechanical info. I live within 25 miles of Glendale, so I could come look at it if I knew where to go....curiosity only though. By the way though....waaaay high on the price. These shows on TV are making people think things are worth way more than true life dictates.
Nice tractor though! I have a 1967 MF12H myself.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
WOW...wouldn't want to do business with them, but then I guess I poked them too hard. I actually was attempting to give them sound advice, but some just don't take to it.

I'm not interested in curiosity seekers or how you think I should post an ad. You tend to your business and stay out of mine. Don't bother to respond, I've already wasted 2 minutes on you.

#15 ·
And waste more of their valuable time?....... Heck yeah!
Naw, maybe we better let him just let him be to love that tractor. They have to live with it for the rest of their lives looks like! ....... but do what makes you feel good! LOL

#17 ·
What a jerk! He was pretty defensive about your suggestions Daniel. I guess he expects potential buyers to take his word that it's worth what he says.

#23 ·
In all honesty, I shouldn't have offered advice even if sound. People just don't want to hear reality & they substitute their own (as the TV show "Mythbusters" says). I may have set a bad example, so for that I apologize to GTT members.

#29 ·
This is getting totally out to lunch. Soon you will be able to buy a used compact tractor for the asking price of a 40 yr old Gt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.