Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Tractorholic
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got it finished tonite with the exception of doing some touchup painting and tweaking the adjustments on the carb.

So here are some before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Very nice restoration. I need you to come help me finish mine LOL. What are you hiding behind the grill there and driving off the engine?

Reactions: IHCubGuy

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Looks great. Nice to see a shiny new tractor.
First thing I noticed in that pic too, was that belt going forward.
Alternator?

Job well done.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Great looking 12 you have there. Nice work. The wheel weights really look nice and will increase traction quite a bit. I really like the number series Massey's and yours is a very fine example. Well done!

·
Tractorholic
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that looks really sharp. Can't wait to see it in action.
I wish it was going to be working the dirt this weekend but I didnt get a 3point on it in time so it will just be coming to show.

·
Tractorholic
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice restoration. I need you to come help me finish mine LOL. What are you hiding behind the grill there and driving off the engine?
Since I switched to a K series kohler that is where I hid the starter generator. The big pulley was used because its the same size as a regular kohler starter pulley.

·
Super Moderator
54,359 Posts
Nice looking tractor you have there! Glad we know what the belt does, now!

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
I thought it looked pretty good in the before pictures, but wow
it now looks fresh from the dealership. Great job on your restoration.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
You did a great job on your restoration and I am looking forward to seeing it in person this weekend if you are bringing it to the plow day to show. It is also nice knowing the Kohler fits in the Massey.

·
Tractorholic
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I didn't get the touchup painting finished on it tonite as I had hoped to. As a result there are some bolts and some scuffs from wrenching and assembling that needed attention that didnt get it. I left work to get the trailer and my dads cub he's plowing with but he had to get some minor surgery done today and didnt get it ready in time so I took the evening to get his ready for him so I could load it on. As a result the touchup didnt get accomplished. So it will just have to be what it is.

Casey, the seat came from one of the farm tractor parts guys on Fleabay.

George the Kohler will fit in, but if you read my thread on the restoration you will see that it took a little tweaking and cutting of the tractor frame to make it fit and look good.

Again thanks for all the compliments guys. From what little I drove it tonite to load it I think when I get the bugs worked out I am really going to like it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts