Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after being with the previous owner for 4 years an getting well used, I stumbled across the ad on cl an decided to email about trading the GT275. The next day I checked my email an sure enough he was interested in the swap, the following week a friend an I went on the 40min drive to check Tank out. After a while of talking with the gentlemen an looking Tank over real well I said let's get it loaded up. Take the 40min drive back home with the kind sir in his truck pulling the 300 an parts to my house, an ounce he saw the GT275 an I saw the look on his face I knew the deal was sealed. An here are my pics from the first ones taken up Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,381 Posts
Is that a tiller or a blower for it? Looked again and see it's a tiller. I think you did okay!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An some time after this I decided Tank needed the lights to work an needed some maintenance done since I had no idea when it was done last.Tank told me I'm lucky my older brothers share their space with me an my stuff. Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Helmet
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My new owner realised that with my plow at full angle I'll be running in fresh lose snow an might not push snow any farther so he decided that I needed a wider plow an even has a build thread about it. So the donar plow was a light weight maybe 36" blade that I cut down an added 12" to each side of the plow. I had a 6" over lap to ensure there would be enough strength in the welds to hold it in place making my stock 42" plow into a now 54" plow. Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Road surface Asphalt
In the next two pics it's welded an has a coat of orange paint to cover the rust an welds. Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Green
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Green

The last two show the added width Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design
Mode of transport Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Road surface

Attachments

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now it was time to be a new shade of I'd yellow for my plow an rims. Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light
My new owner slacked an didn't get pics of my front rims while they were off getting paint but here is how I look as of yesterday. Wheel Plant Tire Vehicle Tractor

We don't really have that big of spiders or that many webs all the time,so I'm told there decorations for a day called Halloween I just don't understand humans I guess.

An from what I'm told my oldest brother is letting me have his snow plow guides I can't wait to see how I look with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I have a couple updated pics one from last weekend an a few from today. Vehicle Motor vehicle Rolling Gas Rolling stock

Here are the 4 from today Avery had a blast pushing some dirt around
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Riding toy Vehicle Motor vehicle
Face Plant Happy Pink Leisure
Plant Vertebrate Product Tree Mammal

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
8,445 Posts
Must have missed this thread . Nice job on the snow blade :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice rig. Can you have the plow and tiller on at the same time for more weight? Anything you can say to look for when checking out on of these tillers?
Yea i can have the tiller an plow on they work off different hydraulic levers here's a pic after I got done in the garden I had to level it off a ill before I could till it under
Tire Wheel Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice rig. Can you have the plow and tiller on at the same time for more weight? Anything you can say to look for when checking out on of these tillers?
This was my first tiller on a gt an it came with it. After using it I realized it had a couple issues the p.o. had the extension tines on backwards so i fixed that then blew the clutch disc also from when the tines were on backwards it loosened the shaft that holds the tines so when I took it apart to fix the tines an clutch I also took the lower covers off to.clean the old grease out an add new but I also tightened the bolts the hold the the shaft from wiggling.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes till goes up higher for some reason the ram the lifts it can't hold the weight an it slowly drops on the lift bar the bracket will rotate down to lock the tiller up. Mine is currently set in the most aggressive setting for the first few times so i can get the rocks worked up an picked out same with roots from the old shrubs.

I can flip my rims but they'll stick out farther then they already do. So I'll deal with them this way, an the 300 plow was a factory 54" the p.o. adapted a 200 series with hydrolics to work on the 300. Which he did a great job doing an it works great he used a deck lift ram to raise an lower the blade.

·
My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...
4,939 Posts
A set of 23x8.50-12's (used on the 312s and some 120s) on the back would give a narrower track than the 23x10.50-12s that came on the 300s

Reactions: backwoods
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.