Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tractorholic
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the mower deck off and put the Haban Flail Mo on to clean up the grounds around the hangar yesterday. That work will continue into next week as the weather closed in today. One of our hangar "neighbors" loan me his little trailer to move the 900 around on so we cut down the tall grass between his hangar and the airport fence for him.

My brother in law who loves that 900 I think more than I do and who has to run it at every opportunity is cutting the grass.

IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0387.JPG

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. Sure looks like a great combination with the flail mower and a nice Bolens 900. I can see why the brother in law likes it so much.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
You got yourself 1 attachment there that I'll probably never find, Good Stuff.

·
Tractorholic
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a little louder than the regular 38" mower deck, it has a lot of knives on that rotating drum "flailing" around. But overall, it isn't too bad. I wear my hearing protection whenver I operate the tractor, my brother in law is a little more obstinate. I'm used to being around loud things like airplanes, so hearing protection is second nature. I did make the mistake about four years ago of running my Cat D9H for a couple of hours with no hearing protection and my ears are still ringing!

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
I like seeing a picture with the flail mower working. Thanks for posting those pictures.

·
Tractorholic
434 Posts
Nice set up, That would work great on the boarders of my property where the grass gets a couple feet high pretty fast. I might have to add that to my wish list!!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
That's doing a great job.Thanks for the photos.

·
Super Moderator
54,004 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Not often we get to see something like that set up. Looks to be doing a good job! Now to pry the BIL out of the seat!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts