Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this H14 with allot of nuts and bolts missing and I plan on restoring it in the spring. Is there a place that sells a complete kit? or do I just go to a fastener place and try to match them up.
Thanks
Scott

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
There is no place that i know of that will see a kit for a certian tractor.The easy way to do it is go through the parts manual for the tractor and wright down all that you need a head to the fastener shop.That is what i did on the 1886 i am doing and just bought all in stainless steel.

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bhts said:
There is no place that i know of that will see a kit for a certian tractor.The easy way to do it is go through the parts manual for the tractor and wright down all that you need a head to the fastener shop.That is what i did on the 1886 i am doing and just bought all in stainless steel.
Thanks Bob, I thought thats what I would have to do. I think stainless is the way I will go as well.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I love stainless hardware also. It is a little more expensive but definitely worth it in my opinion.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Stainless is the way to go,if you can afford it.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
bhts said:
:ditto:

Stainless is what I used for the 800. The 1050 had some recycled/ new regular steel bolts. Since it was my first resto there were a few mistakes LOL
:wallbanging:

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
olcowhand said:
Stainless run some $'s! On my little Bush Hog D4-10, I replaced most, but not all with stainless & spent over $65. Std grade 5 bolts would have been 1/5th that tops.
I might rethink my choice on the stainless idea,most of the nuts n bolth would be painted. maybe the ones for dash and large philips with speed nuts will be stainless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts