Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used a gps for several years now and rely on them a lot.

Never really liked it on the dash or stuck to the windshield (the state south of me made that illegal I believe)

Any way I found out that if I pulled out the ashtray and set it on that that it worked just fine. However it usually fell off and was skidding around on the floor and getting underfoot all the time.

So the light bulb went off the other day why not cut the mount down and attach it to a cassette tape that would hold it in place and be at the perfect spot in my work truck.

Reflex camera Digital camera Camera accessory Camera lens Camera

So out to the truck I go put the cassette into the player and pat myself on the back. Looks nice there and is easy to poke addresses into the screen !!

Vehicle Automotive design Grille Motor vehicle Car

Well time to try this little puppy out. So I crank up the truck... Watch the tape player try to suck the tape in and then spit it out on the floor..... Perhaps there is a flaw in my plan ??

Attachments

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
Oh Arti, such an invention I've never seen before :rolling:

But, who has a cassette deck in his cars - today it's a special equipment. Cassettes are no longer produced since several years - every cassette (with country music!) is a gem :smilewink: j/k

edit btw: will this be a monthly topic - (I'll be curious)

My Bright Idea Of The Month

Reactions: larryd

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Maybe where it connects to the tape it is hitting something, and then it is rejected. I wonder if you could take the fuse out just as it gets all the way in, then it would not spit it back out.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Oh Arti, such an invention I've never seen before :rolling:

But, who has a cassette deck in his cars - today it's a special equipment. Cassettes are no longer produced since several years - :smilewink: j/k
Hey he could still be using an 8 Track!

I think I will go out to the old garage and listen to some "Old Time Rock & Roll" on my 8-Track player!

·
Old Tractor Addict
1,846 Posts
I think cutting the tape cartridge is your best bet. Take off just enough to keep it from being sucked in, fill the end where cut with silicone and let harden. Save the actual tape, that sounds like a doozy of a collection :smilewink: :smilewink: , someone may want it.

Hey he could still be using an 8 Track!

I think I will go out to the old garage and listen to some "Old Time Rock & Roll" on my 8-Track player!
I was just thinking today of my first batch of 8-track tapes from a mail order records company when I heard Bruce Springsteen singing Born to Run. Wow I am old.

Reactions: KC9KAS

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
"I was just thinking today of my first batch of 8-track tapes from a mail order records company when I heard Bruce Springsteen singing Born to Run. Wow I am old."

Yesterday morning as I was driving to work, Born to Run came on the radio and I turned up the volume way too high for 5:30 AM!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
back in high school i traded a case of beer for a 71 dodge van it had an 8 track player and i hooked an amp up with a line out converter to a 15 inch subwoofer. kiss alive II and the cheech and chong wedding album were my only 2 tapes

maybey just cut a peice of wood shorter than the tape but a little thicker so it fits in tighter than the tape but dosent have to go in as far

1 - 20 of 20 Posts