Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
524 Posts
Got a 58 ride a matic with original electric start, a power ho with a snow blade and sickle mower, and a power pak. I have an original engine for this power pak too that I managed to get off eBay last night. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Those Ram's are nice especially the hood design. Congrats!

Reactions: antiquetractors

·
Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!
4,461 Posts
I like the Bolens ride-a-matic :thumbs:

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Very nice! Keep on like that and you can be just like Jerome!

Ben W.

Reactions: antiquetractors

·
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My two power paks are completely different. Different model numbers. One is 6002 and the other is 2040. The 6002 seems to be very early. The motor mounts solid and has a pulley that engages the belt but the 2040 had a sled that the motor slides back and forth. Interesting that its the same but different.

image.jpg

Attachments

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
My two power paks are completely different. Different model numbers. One is 6002 and the other is 2040. The 6002 seems to be very early. The motor mounts solid and has a pulley that engages the belt but the 2040 had a sled that the motor slides back and forth. Interesting that its the same but different.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Yes, the older models used an idler tension system instead of the sliding plate like the later ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts