Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick video of my 16 year old daughter riding my Bolens H14. She was born with a disability called spina bifida that doesn't allow her the use of her legs, so I adapted the hydro foot peddle so that she could drive it. She is looking forward to getting her driver's license as soon as she gets assessed from the ministry of transportation.:rocker2:
YouTube - First Garden Tractor ride

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
awol, she did a terrific job driving the Bolens around. I think she will do great on her assessment :D

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NUTNDUN said:
awol, she did a terrific job driving the Bolens around. I think she will do great on her assessment :D
Thanks George, I know she will do fine. She had allot of fun driving around and now she will be able to help cut the lawn!!

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
awol said:
Thanks George, I know she will do fine. She had allot of fun driving around and now she will be able to help cut the lawn!!
Haha, putting her to work already :thumbs: Cool thing is it looks like most of your lot is level so that will make it great for her to mow.

I am curious to know how you setup the controls.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Great video awol,she looked to be having fun.The Bolens looks good too.

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
Awesome..... just awesome!

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NUTNDUN said:
I am curious to know how you setup the controls.
It wasn't anything special I just used a bungee cord and a trailer block and strapped her in. She can use her hips to push if her feet are secure.

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
Great video. I'm happy for you both that you could do this for her. Now you'll need a pry bar to get her off. LOL.

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
That's AWESOME awol! Looks like you had as much fun watching her as she did driving! Tell her we all said best of luck on the assessment! Oh, and congratulations on the help with the mowing duties!

·
tinkerer
2,320 Posts
That was great. She sure looks like she is enjoying being allowed to take dads tractor out all by her self.
Thank you for sharing the video.

·
In Remembrance, RIP Dale
1,781 Posts
:dancingbanana:Thanks for sharing the video. Sarah sure looked like she was having a GREAT time. Wishing her the best on the assessment. You did good now there will be help mowing and she will have a ball.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Hats off to you, for giving her the opportunity to enjoy what she otherwise might not
be able to.
She sure looks she was enjoying it, so you better keep extra gas on hand.
Hope she does well with the test.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts