Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a message on eBay saying that my account was restricted. It said I could not buy or sell anything until further action. It told me to go to a link and it just brought me to customer service. Has this happened to anybody else? I have 72 hours from this morning to do what ever it wants me to do or my account will be permanently restricted.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
What is your ebay username? I could look it up and see what ebay says is your issues. Is your feedback less that 10?

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
I never had it happen. But it sounds like they may just need you to verify some information? Being that this is a new account.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My account is ryan434313. I have 12 reviews and 100% of it is positive.

G

·
I got a message on eBay saying that my account was restricted. It said I could not buy or sell anything until further action. It told me to go to a link and it just brought me to customer service. Has this happened to anybody else? I have 72 hours from this morning to do what ever it wants me to do or my account will be permanently restricted.
It looks like you have been scammed. I hope you did not open that link. Go to ebay and see if that emails in your ebay account.

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
I never had it happen. But it sounds like they may just need you to verify some information? Being that this is a new account.
It is not really "new" I made it this summer, bought about 10 things since September, and listed the Cub for sale a few days ago. Maybe it has something to do with me trying to sell something?

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,552 Posts
Did you get this in an email or when you went to the ebay site?

If by email, it could be a scam to get your user information......

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
The only thing I can see is that you might be underage. When You signed up did it say you must be 18 years old?

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
I get that same scam all the time. They want you to give them your info as a "conformation" but that email did not come from Ebay. Just delete it.

BTW, I haven't used Ebay in ten years and I still get them. I figure if my account gets suspended that would be a good thing. :poke:

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A quick google SEARCH turned up quite a few results.

In the inbox on me eBay account it also says it is from eBay.

·
FORDoholic
784 Posts
contact ebay directly and see what happens,sounds like a csam, that has happened to me several times.

·
Registered
891 Posts
That is absolutely a scam do not respond to it in any way. They are trying to get your personal info. You can forward it to [email protected] .com and they will check it. I have gotten many of those over the years. They are all scams. Ebay and Paypal will never ask you for any information like that. They will call you if there is a real problem. If you ever need to email them always type in the address yourself or link to it from ebay never click on a link from an email.

Jack..

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
After seeing that message it looks legit. If it was a scam they wouldn't have been able to cancel your auction half way through. Just contact them Ryan, I am sure they just want to verify your account.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts