Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
If she's older than you, tell her you like old things, lol !!! Thats what I tell my wife at least ....
Wow, how does that work out for you?!?!

Ben W.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I've been married almost 20, I don't even try to explain anymore.

I just tell her my tractor obsession is like her shoe obsession. Gotta have one for every occassion.... Enough said. :thumbs:

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
G

·
I've been married for 17 years now. When we go on a trip or mini vacation she always asks me before we go , Are we picking up any parts on this trip. We both laugh, she likes to sew and I go to the shop. She knows I have a addiction, but at least its legal, and for the most part harmless.

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
I sometimes wonder if it isn't some kind of an artistic interest we have with the older machines. I think most of them are beautiful and interesting. Most of the machines were styled for good looks. They were the works of art of designers years ago. There is beauty in simplicity and function. The research is a form of archeology that preserves the environment of the particular machine. I guess we are a type of art historian. Tell her that. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
These are good answers everyone. My wife is enjoying this as much as I do. She has been excited about all four that I have. Sometimes she gives me that female look when she sees the bank statement of parts from places she never heard of. You can also tell her it's a clean hobby & it keeps you home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts