Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BIL had a dozen broccoli plants left over, so tilled a short section & transplanted them. Early, but broccoli is cold tolerant, and I'll get early veggies too! Gonna pick up about 24+ more plants end of this week. Pics when I get others transplanted.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
It is supposed to be almost 80 degrees on saturday here. We can't plant a garden this year with us moving so all you guys have to post pics of your gardens LOL

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
poncho62 said:
All I have done so far is dump a load of horse manure on mine and tilled it in........We can't plant annuals until June 1......Too much of a chance of frost before that. I do some seeding in May.
I can't believe the weather differences between us and you guys up north. When does it start to cool down for fall weather up there?

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,576 Posts
There is a good chance of frost by the end of Sept........Makes for a short growing season......One crop of each item......May get some late beans etc if you time it right. They do a lot in greenhouses around here.......

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I'm not sure I'm going to put in a garden this year,like Chuck I don't know where to put one.Where I always had a garden ,I now have a building sitting there.

·
DR. Bolens
19,159 Posts
olcowhand said:
Forgot to update....42 more broccoli plants transplanted over the past weekend, plus about 50 onion starts in the ground.
Its still a little too early for planting here.
We are suposed to get down to 44 on friday! Brrrrr!!!
All I can do for now is till it.

·
Premium Member
32,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bolens 1000 said:
Its still a little too early for planting here.
We are suposed to get down to 44 on friday! Brrrrr!!!
All I can do for now is till it.
May have frost here Saturday morning. Been in high 80's the last 3 days or so, Friday will barely hit 60. Low in mid to upper 30's Saturday morning. Good thing is broccoli is cold tolerant.

·
Tractorholic
2,179 Posts
I've been wanting to set the tomato plants, outside, that I have growing under a plant light in my basement. I'm glad I didn't, because I just had to turn the furnace back on. It's 34 degrees here this morning!!!!

·
Premium Member
32,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This week I will be planting a row & a half of green beans, and likely a couple rows of sweet corn too. After these are in, I'll post a pic of garden.

·
Premium Member
32,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
olcowhand said:
This week I will be planting a row & a half of green beans, and likely a couple rows of sweet corn too. After these are in, I'll post a pic of garden.
Got the above done last night. Lefts a space between corn & green beans for a couple hills of squash, 6 or so tomato plants, and the rest a row of bell peppers. Man do those peppers & onions make one heck of a sweet pepper relish! Down to 7qts, and this stuff makes any beans w/cornbread "POP"!

·
Premium Member
32,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Still not taken any pics, but not much to see till things come up. I did transplant 24 Bell Pepper plants this evening. Just a few green beans have peaked their heads through. Dug & found corn has sprouted. Need rain BAD though. Ground is dry. Been about 3 weeks since any appreciable rain.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.