Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fun With Horsepower
1,280 Posts
Thanks for allowing me to share the following. Inspired by you who have done special patriotic themes, this is my attempt to remind everyone one that when we raise our colors in celebration of our way of life, that our Flag flies squarely from the shoulders of this Constitution.

The Red,White and Blue should always be remembered along with Parchment tan;
Its Who we are
Its the LAW of the land
It doesn't mean sometimes!! Brown Handwriting Font Music Tints and shades
Brown Font Wood Music Event
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs
Clipboard Wood Gas Font Event
Brown Font Wood Music Event
Brown Handwriting Font Music Tints and shades
Brown Bird Wood Beak Handwriting

This is one of the few Hi res. photos of the Original Document. Most is actually legible, but my camera looses a lot.

Attachments

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
That looks great! I like the eagle on the top, if it was not there people might walk past it at shows not knowing what it was. Even if the pics were legible, I don't know how many of us would even be able to read that crazy handwriting.

·
Certified Wheel Horse Nut
817 Posts
Great looking hood! It is a great reminder of the principles that this country was founded on. Also, the eagle is a very nice touch!

Reactions: Toolpartzman

·
Fun With Horsepower
1,280 Posts
Nice! How did you get the graphic onto the hood?
Its a digital "wrap" like the truck wrap graphics. I guess this is a GT wrap. I could have made it as a large decal to make it easier to apply- The GT is a Sunset era Case painted in NAPA "Desert Sand". The art work and layout was printed over a matching background, then all of it went onto the hood.

I could have made the background any color-Massey Red or white etc. It took 3 pieces to get it sized correctly.

·
Fun With Horsepower
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks great! I like the eagle on the top, if it was not there people might walk past it at shows not knowing what it was. Even if the pics were legible, I don't know how many of us would even be able to read that crazy handwriting.
No kidding, that old English handwriting takes LOTS of study. An "S", "F", "P" and sometimes "J" all look alike. You have to read and re-read and some times you need to know what it says to know what you're reading--

·
Fun With Horsepower
1,280 Posts
I should add that the material is std. 2-part (ORJET?) adhesive backed vinyl and once printed is laminated to a clear. Its pretty easy to work with and thin too. I had lots of help from my guy in the shop-he's in the Marine reserves, and just loved the idea.
Its applied wet and with it being this large, I could used some help but managed anyway .

I tested 3 pieces. The first with the eagle in the lower left but the prospective wasn't right, so we had to move it up to fit the ratio of the hood.(H x W.)

The second was way too large-by about 6 inches each way-I may frame that one- SAY I could frame some and take them to the local party headquarters for the next election. !!! Naaaah, they probably wouldn't get it !

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
Lee that is awesome! I love it! Thanks for taking the time to get it right and sharing this with us. Great job!

Reactions: Toolpartzman

·
Fun With Horsepower
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a very touching commemoration and reminder you have created. Hope it draws lots of attention and gives some inspiration at the shows.
I hoped it would do exactly that. Inspire others to do something similar- Its not expensive, easy to do and quite dramatic in person. I'm happy to help anyone with a similar idea.

These days Our Constitution needs all the friends she can find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.