1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Summer.
4,536 Posts
Oh my god, it's a snow cannon, sitting there like a new proud little tractor looking tough as all heck, thanks so much for sharing the pictures, you did a great job,

Reactions: seger111

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice looking 12G you have there.

The blower is really sharp too.

Thanks for the pictures, nice of you to take us thru the restoration.

One question. What did the dealer Decal say? I can't quite read it.
Dealer decals are kind of fascinating to me. Interesting when one survives that long.
Hi Again, Thanks so much for your comments....the dealer decal was in rough shape but was able to read it to some degree.

Lawn & Garden Equipment
Cribley Limited
Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
PH 776 - 7331, Essex, Ont.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Nice looking MF12.

Where in N.S. do you live?

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Hello Seger,
That is one beautiful tractor. I'd like to see more about your alternator/generator installation. Also, why so many fuses? I see the added lights, but it looks like you have a number of other circuits too. I have also had to put one of these honda clones in that have minimal charging capacity, looks like you needed quite a bit of capacity.

WELCOME TO GTT!

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Seger,
That is one beautiful tractor. I'd like to see more about your alternator/generator installation. Also, why so many fuses? I see the added lights, but it looks like you have a number of other circuits too. I have also had to put one of these honda clones in that have minimal charging capacity, looks like you needed quite a bit of capacity.

WELCOME TO GTT!
This is a permanent magnet alternator, producing 25 amps in either rotation constant, with very very little draw on HP of the engine. We are only using one fuse at present, but have set up in advance for upcoming hard cab and lighting, wiper, and heater. Should you want more pics of this with the custom brackets, belt and pulley setup, wiring, etc, please drop us a line, more than happy to help.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
That Massey sure looks good. I really enjoyed looking at your restoration. I had a Massey snow blower but I don't remember the large hood on the front. I don't think you will be sorry for taking the time to install the alternator. The one I put on mine has turned out to be a blessing.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
This is a permanent magnet alternator, producing 25 amps in either rotation constant, with very very little draw on HP of the engine. We are only using one fuse at present, but have set up in advance for upcoming hard cab and lighting, wiper, and heater. Should you want more pics of this with the custom brackets, belt and pulley setup, wiring, etc, please drop us a line, more than happy to help.
Yes, I'm quite interested in how you mounted it, and what sort of clearance you had in the location where you mounted it. I understand about doing the wiring in advance, sounds like you have chosen to build a formidable snow removal machine.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I'm quite interested in how you mounted it, and what sort of clearance you had in the location where you mounted it. I understand about doing the wiring in advance, sounds like you have chosen to build a formidable snow removal machine.
I will take the alternator system apart and show it in steps and the measurements of the two custom brackets, the triple pulley is our own design and build.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
I will take the alternator system apart and show it in steps and the measurements of the two custom brackets, the triple pulley is our own design and build.
Great! I'll keep watching, should be very interesting.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Nice job on your restoration. Congrats.

·
1,499 Posts
You did a very nice job on rebuilding your Massey!!! Neat job on redoing the electrical system and planning on future additions to it.Thanks for the pictures.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts