Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1981 GMC K20 3/4 ton 4x4... 500 bucks.. ya ya ya 499 to much.. It has a 350 motor, 350 auto trans..

newtome_zpscd48dd31.jpg

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
Looks great to me! Anything of that vintage around here has already rusted to the windows. I like the ones old enough that a fellow can work on them when needed. Way too much unneeded/unwanted stuff on the newer ones.

My "throttle position sensor" has always been my left foot.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This ole yeller truck is replacing my 2011 cummins..

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
He must be from England.

Reactions: Gtractor

·
Tractorholic
2,731 Posts
My "throttle position sensor" has always been my left foot.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Some people are just kinda "left headed" anyway! :D :D :D

Reactions: Gtractor

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
That truck looks pretty good. It looks like only a little rust under the door. That is when trucks were trucks. Congratulations.

·
Tractorholic
952 Posts
Ah, a sweet ride. I believe I still have a brake booster and a distributor of that vintage in the garage. Or maybe I donated them my BIL already.

·
Tractorholic
8,405 Posts
Looks fine to me ! Is the other just as nice ?

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
And they were made to last back then, just like your tractors!

I like the camper top: that's worth a good chunk of what you paid for the truck. Plus the 4wd: never call a truck a hauler unless it is 4wd or a dually!

Most trucks in my area of that vintage have already been lassoed by the farm boys and used as beater trucks or oversize ATV's. But I'm still looking!

Ben W.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And they were made to last back then, just like your tractors!

I like the camper top: that's worth a good chunk of what you paid for the truck. Plus the 4wd: never call a truck a hauler unless it is 4wd or a dually!

Most trucks in my area of that vintage have already been lassoed by the farm boys and used as beater trucks or oversize ATV's. But I'm still looking!

Ben W.
I use my trucks for hauling fire wood and tractors.. This may not tug my tractor around so well.. but it will be good for fire wood..

Reactions: superaben

·
Tractorholic
1,184 Posts
That looks like my old beater truck only a different color.That was a fun truck to drive.Looks like yours is in decent shape.They are very durable and take a beating.Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your finally be able to seek home late at night :bigrofl:
I dont sneak home.. i rarely leave.. she must be getting sick of me being home all the time due to not working now...

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i am more of a ford or dodge guy but there are still a lot of those old chevys on the road! Seems like they wont quit.
I was looking for a 78 Ford.. I did find a early 80's dodge but he thought it was gold.. wanted 4500 for it.. same shape as this Chevy..

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
The truck looks pretty good to me especially for $500. How is the interior?

·
Cub Cadet Collector
1,457 Posts
This ole yeller truck is replacing my 2011 cummins..
In my opinion you upgraded. That Chevy really looks good for an '81. Only bad thing about it is the auto. That would have the solid front axle with leaf springs,correct?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts