Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
I was the first caller on this, and the guy agreed to hold it until I could get up there. It was a 45 minute drive, but well worth the trip. Nice scenery and a nice, honest fella to deal with.

I didn't try to hard to get him to come down from the $50 he was asking.

Saw Wood Automotive wheel system Motor vehicle Gas
Wheel Automotive tire Wood Rim Motor vehicle

Wood Bumper Table Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I ran the brush on it in a couple of areas. The brown is just surface rust, not pitted at all.

Attachments

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Nice find Alan! That one looks to be in very nice original shape. Great price for one so complete and obviously used very little!

·
Super Moderator
55,271 Posts
Way to go! That is a great looking plow. Well worth the $ and the time to go get it!

·
Live long and prosper
6,794 Posts
Congratulations Alan. You got a great deal on a very nice looking plow.

·
Certified Wheel Horse Nut
817 Posts
Great score! Looks like a nice solid plow!

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, i hit the moldboard, point, coulter and landside with the rotary wire brush. It looks new. Starting to feel even better about this one. No pics (I know, I know) as it was near dark and I was running out of time to paint.

I did an Earl Scheib, flat black paint job on it, just to keep any future rust at bay and gave it a pat on the sleeve hitch to tuck it in for the nite.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.