Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I figured I'd better start a thread for my Snapper-King project.

Current completed upgrades/mods:
New NOS 3pt hitch
John Deere Haybine wheels & tires

Then John Deere 755 wheels & tires

Current ongoing upgrades/mods:
Johnson Loader Installation
Custom weight brackets
Possible Future Re-Power...diesel?.....(current engine is excellent though)
Possible 4x4 conversion? Not sure but may try to adapt bolens/iseki, Kubota or other "grey market" 4x4 front end drive setup...?

Here are a few pics of how it's coming along so far:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Something's wrong with the camera, the wheels look to be the wrong color! Have fun with the loader they are a great addition.

Haha! Thanks. ..that's what I thought about the wheels too...but after I installed them the color combination immediately started growing on me. Now I love the look. ..lol.
Those 755 wheels sure make it look like it means business. That's a nice looking tractor. Haven't seen one like it around here.
Thanks! The JD755 tire/wheel upgrade has really surprised me. The addition of the 3pt was always going to be one of my favorite upgrades...and I knew that. But, the wheel/tire upgrade has really grown on me and it ranks right up there close with the addition of the 3pt!

Here are a few more pictures of it in better lighting conditions :

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you plan on leaving the wheels that color or painting them to the correct white?

I realize leaving them JD yellow helps hold value......... :D
I'm not sure. ...I'm starting to really like the yellow. ...with the red though.

There's a large yellow factory decal right under the steering column. So there's a bit of yellow here & there mixed in with the red anyways.

I'm not planning on selling it so I'm not too worried about the color on them...really. lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
We picked up a cat 0 Reese hitch for the Snapper-King. It's been handy with this cargo rack.

So far, I've used it to haul one of my toolboxes (250-300lbs) and it's nice to haul the trash barrels back and forth on.

Great for hauling wood too.

Also picked up a couple plows. ..a 12" sleeve hitch type & a 10" sears 3pt type. I plan on adapting both to work on the Snapper-King. ..so I can decide which I like best.

I've located a larger 3pt disc with 4 sections. ..that I'm working on getting. We've got a standard brinly smaller disc, cultivator and 36" blade...too. But, I'm looking for better/heavier cat 0 attachments footer putting in a pretty decent sized garden this year.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,273 Posts
Not sure if this will help on converting the plows to 3-point, but it works for the Brinly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the delayed replies. ...I've been pretty sick for the past couple of weeks.
I'll try to get the hay bine tire size and report back as soon as I start feeling better.

I hope to be able to get back into the loader rebuild & install, soon, and to get the 12" plow into the ground to start working in a new garden.

·
Super Moderator
55,273 Posts
Get well soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I have the power king version of this tractors, only with the older plastic king body design. But essentially the same tractor. Is there a mule drive of sorts that converts the PTO pully to accept a shaft driven blower?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello, I have the power king version of this tractors, only with the older plastic king body design. But essentially the same tractor. Is there a mule drive of sorts that converts the PTO pully to accept a shaft driven blower?
Sorry for the late reply. ..haven't been on here for awhile. Here's what's on my MGT2200H:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Attachments

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
Seeing this late, but I have a Quick-Tach system on mine for a sweeper brush and the blade. It's a fairly big attachment that mounts up under tractor on the same blocks as all the front stuff does and lifts the blade or brush and has a shaft out the front for the brush drive shaft to connect. It has small belt dropping down from the pto above. Worst part is if not using these two items, it must be removed so mower and other things can attach to tractor. Sort of a limited feature with not many other attachments for it that I know. There was a rear pto shaft for them, maybe one for front I don't know of then?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Hi congrats on the getting a 1620, actually the turf tires and chains are better in snow than ag lugs and if you do switch to Ags it'll still need chains.

Git a picture of it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.