Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think these are less than a year old and look like this.Probably does not help that they have 35 lbs air in them.Would love to foam fill them but they lose the crown when deflated and foam filling does not pressurize them to take out the crown.Who makes a good tire these days?

Attachments

·
Getting Out!
8,219 Posts
That those Chinese Kenja's or whatever it is? Kendra, Kenda? I've heard the rubber doesn't hold up on those. I have bought many Deestones, made in Thaisland, and never had a set long enough to know if they hold up. They seem better quality than others mentioned. Carlisle still makes small tires, but even those are foreign made now I think. Goodyear has been out of ag/lawn for long time, Firestone I don't think into small ones now. Armstrong and others were taking up some of major brands sizes and types, but not sure if they are around anymore either. Titan was another, but don't see anymore. Fellas out West selling some sort of European brand, have no idea what is offered and prices tho.

·
Super Moderator
55,526 Posts
Wow! Those didn't last, but that 35 PSI probably didn't help!

Reactions: Username

·
Super Moderator
55,526 Posts
I don't know, people say I have more than 35 pounds of air pressure in me and I've lasted 52 years so far.
I feel the need to decompress at times too!

·
Aaron
6,736 Posts
We will skid steer tires with this stuff that is rock hard. I don't exactly know what it is. The tire company fills them. The rubber peels off and you can run on the fill just about.

These import tires are worthless.

I don't know where you can buy quality rubber these days.

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We will skid steer tires with this stuff that is rock hard. I don't exactly know what it is. The tire company fills them. The rubber peels off and you can run on the fill just about.

These import tires are worthless.

I don't know where you can buy quality rubber these days.
That sounds like foam rubber unless there is something else out there that I don't know about.

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My first thought would be if you are using them on a fork truck you need to get a set of tires rated for that load type. that's most likely what killed those tires.

Pete
That might be the case but 4 pr was all that was available when I bought this set and they are rated for 22 psi.I found this no name with a 10 pr.So is it a 10 pr or does it just say 10 pr.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-x-8-50-8-10-Ply-Rib-Tire-Premium-/371411486048?hash=item5679d98560:g:GZYAAOSwBLlVU74g

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are premium brand you can't go wrong with a name like that
Is that the same as heavy duty? I am always one step behind these word games.I wanted to get a hot fudge sundae the other day but they did not sell sundaes but they said they could sell me a scoop of ice cream with hot fudge on it.I would like a small drink,sorry we only have med,large and supersize.

·
Aaron
6,736 Posts
Is that the same as heavy duty? I am always one step behind these word games.I wanted to get a hot fudge sundae the other day but they did not sell sundaes but they said they could sell me a scoop of ice cream with hot fudge on it.I would like a small drink,sorry we only have med,large and supersize.
I was just making a half butt attempt at a joke

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
To be honest, I would be afraid of those 'premium' tires.

10 ply for only $46.00/tire? Not to mention that the tread is so shallow as to be danged near nonexistent.

For the front tires on my front mounted forklift, I went with the Vredestein 6 Ply V61 tires.

http://www.millertire.com/products/implement-tires/18x8-50-8/18x8-50-8-v61-hd-5-rib-6-ply/

They are rated for 1130 lb @ 45 psi.

While they are a lot more $$ that those 'premium' tires I think that in the long run they would be cheaper than replacing inferior tires multiple times.

I've had 1000 Lbs+ on the forks, and the Vredesteins handled it with no problems.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:156297][sharedmedia=core:attachments:156298]

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To be honest, I would be afraid of those 'premium' tires.

10 ply for only $46.00/tire? Not to mention that the tread is so shallow as to be danged near nonexistent.

For the front tires on my front mounted forklift, I went with the Vredestein 6 Ply V61 tires.

http://www.millertire.com/products/implement-tires/18x8-50-8/18x8-50-8-v61-hd-5-rib-6-ply/

They are rated for 1130 lb @ 45 psi.

While they are a lot more $$ that those 'premium' tires I think that in the long run they would be cheaper than replacing inferior tires multiple times.

I've had 1000 Lbs+ on the forks, and the Vredesteins handled it with no problems.
I have considered those tires but I am concerned that it would be difficult to steer due to a lot of my steering being lock to lock and happening while sitting still or barely moving.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.