Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
That would be quite a site to see coming down the tracks or even having the chance to go somewhere on her. I hope they get the funding they need to restore her. Thanks for sharing.. :thumbs:

·
Tractorholic
1,545 Posts
That would be a grand sight to see, N&W ran some of the largest engines. Found some of there history 2 years ago I came across some of there

magazines sold some of them to a collector in West VA he even bought one and had me send it to the museum in Roanoke I had then from 1939 -1952 they told of the

news going on at that they showed the new engines they were putting into service.N&W ran a lot of coal so they had large engines to pull the loads

I like trains :D like most kids do

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
I had a cast body Lionel like that. Was really passed down thru Sisters and Brothers. I had it rebuilt and ran a lot during high school years. Never saw one like it again, didn't know there was a REAL one like it. Design is way cool for a steamer. My older Brother later in life claimed the train was all his, even tho I had added lots more. Not sure what happened to it.

·
167 Posts
I saw her on one of her last runs on N&S trackage. The most beautiful steam engine I have ever seen. I hope everyone fills out their survey and lets get the ol' girl back on track!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts