Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I was wondering if you guys could help me determine the model of a bolens I am looking at to buy. the tractor has been painted all white and no decals left on it. it has a Tecumseh engine on it. it is a 3 speed gear box. I found a model # HH120-120090C and a serial # 0085. any help you guys can give me would be greatly appercaited! thank you very much

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Welcome to GTT. Bolens are great tractors. You can download the tractor and engine manuals from our manuals section(3 free per day). There is a big shop manual for tube frames that will help too. Relax and enjoy the site. Good Luck, Rick

·
Super Moderator
54,012 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the forum! Give the guys a bit and they will come along to help. look at the bottom of this post for pic help.

Reactions: MyBolens1053

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
With just a 3 speed trans kinda sounds like the G-12,the 1220 had the 6 speed
If that is the case it may be, but you have to take into consideration engine swaps, modifications ect.

Everyone has their own definition of the 3 and 6 speed trans. Alot of the time people call them 3 speed because thats all they see on the gear shift.

Its near impossible to ID without Pictures

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,235 Posts
hi I was wondering if you guys could help me determine the model of a bolens I am looking at to buy. the tractor has been painted all white and no decals left on it. it has a Tecumseh engine on it. it is a 3 speed gear box. I found a model # HH120-120090C and a serial # 0085. any help you guys can give me would be greatly appercaited! thank you very much
Does your tractor look like this: http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/file/1551-bolens-1253-ad/

The 1970 model 1253 -01,-02, & -03 all used a Tecumseh 12 hp with that spec number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts