Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New here so hope I'm doing this correctly....

Can someone please help me identify these three pieces of equipment? I want to sell them and want to describe them correctly. All are Sears/Craftsman. Ballpark value on each?
1. Mold board plow with cutting wheel. 917.253060 Think this came with my old Super Suburban. (Pictures 3 and 6.)

2. Three point hitch 917.253020. Missing the height adjustment link and side adjustment link. Think this is from SS also. (Pictures 1 and 4.)

3. Three point hitch 757.252312, I think this is complete including long link to raise and lower. From a Craftsman 20Hp tractor I sold. Is this called a "Brinley" type or "Sleeve" type? (Pictures 2 and 5.)

Thanks in advance for any help and hope I've posted in the correct forum.
Brown Wood Gas Art Metal
Wood Art Bicycle part Gas Font
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Grass
Brown Wood Brick Rectangle Road surface
Motor vehicle Bumper Plant Font Gas
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Font

·
Registered
30 Posts
As someone with barely any more knowledge on the subject than a random passerby, i can at least tell you that the item in pic #2 is defnitely a sleeve hitch.

·
84 Posts
The plow is $50-$100
The old 3pt. maybe $50
The Craftsman sleeve hitch $50-$75
Everything is based on location/demand.

Happy selling.

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,822 Posts
Black Sleeve Hitch looks to be off of a smaller Lawn Tractor or a 90s MTD built LGT by the mounting hardware. I had a 1990s MTD built White LGT (Light Garden Tractor) that had a similar sleeve hitch on it. Not worth much unless someone can make it work on there machine.

The other ones are an old Roper built Sears Suburban 3 point missing the center link and lower mounting rod and a sears 3 point plow. Complete 3 point with center link sells for $100-$150. Without the original center link maybe $75. Sears 3 point plow with coulter wheel/blade sells for around $200-$250 in my area. IMO people ask WAY to much for plows in my area. Seen a few Sears plows forsale 4-5 hours west of me for between $100-$150.

Short video of a 1969-1972? Sears SS 12 with 3 point and plow. SS stands for Sears Suburban. They made 3 or 4? slight variations of that 3 manual point lift over almost 3 full decades to fit dozens of models of Sears Garden Tractors from 1965? to 1980?. Can't remember but I think the 1980 GT14 was the last year of the slanted hitch plate Garden Tractors that used the manual 3 point. Newer models used an integral Sleeve hitch similar the Black one that you have.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
What you have with the 3 pt is basically just the base plate lift handle the flat bars someone made for the lift arms not Sears $50.00, the sleeve hitch looks pretty complete $50.00, the 3 pt plow looks good $80.to $110.00,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts