Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to order a new seal for it but has anyone had the left rear of the Bolens 1053 / 1050 transmission apart before? I am curious to see what I am going to get in to when it comes time to work on it.

·
DR. Bolens
19,076 Posts
crap, I just replaced the seal on my 850 this fall, but did not take any pictures :wallbanging:

Its really not that hard to do. The fun part is trying to get the seal out. That thing is really stuck in there. I basically had to destroy the old one to get it out.

·
483 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
I need to order a new seal for it but has anyone had the left rear of the Bolens 1053 / 1050 transmission apart before? I am curious to see what I am going to get in to when it comes time to work on it.
Turn a couple of sheet metal screws into it 180 degrees apart and clamp vice grips to the screws and pull and wiggle a bit. It should come right out.

·
DR. Bolens
19,076 Posts
Deerlope said:
Turn a couple of sheet metal screws into it 180 degrees apart and clamp vice grips to the screws and pull and wiggle a bit. It should come right out.
Thats very good advice. I wish I would have thought of that when I had to take mine out. I will remember that for the next time.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Deerlope said:
I have done this before and it works.
And welcome Deerlope,glad to see you here.

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
A slide hammer also works real well for this too.

One of these days I need to do the seal on the G14

1 - 9 of 9 Posts