Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to replace the seals in my leaky lift cylinder and I dont know how this cylinder comes apart. There is a snap ring on the end And theres a opening in the top but all I can do is compress the snap ring. Is this cap suppose to come off so the snap ring and come out? Assuming it must, but how do I remove it?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Brian Sorry I forget to mention this is for a Large frame.

EDIT: I read the Large Frame service manual and found that I need to remove the 90 degree fitting before I try to pull the piston out. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it all taken apart. Its very easy as usual, but it takes the first experence to know how it comes apart. I was having troubles with my "channellock" snap ring pliers. It wasnt allowing me to compress the ring 100%, finally the pliers broke and I went back to Menards and exchanged them for a new pair. Once you compress the snap ring 100% the cylinder will easly come apart.

·
Tractorholic by Marriage
304 Posts
Me too!

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it all put back together tonight. I tore one of the brand new seals I got from Bob. So I put one of the original seals back on, but I debured the interior of the cylinder to prevent seal damage. I will update after I use tthe tractor a bit. Hopefuly it stays leak free.

G

·
you broke the pliars? =O i hope they werent snap-on, ive been looking into a set of them, but if you broke snap on you need an award, maybe a plaque or a trophy lol. o god i ranted on again.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jdecker94 said:
you broke the pliars? =O i hope they werent snap-on, ive been looking into a set of them, but if you broke snap on you need an award, maybe a plaque or a trophy lol. o god i ranted on again.
Channel Lock brand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts