Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bolens 1053 and with the tra-10d engine and it wont start it ran a month ago it was cold then but now it wont start does any one have some sugestions on what to do

thank you

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! You came to the right place for Bolens information :)

I need to know a little more what exactly is going on with the engine....

Does it turn over?
Are you getting Spark?

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it turns over and has good spark i think there might be something wrong with the carburetor the gas tank shut of valve broke so I put a pipe on it and ran it completely out of gas and it didnt have a filter because there was a filter on the old shut off valve and it never ran good after that like it sucked in some stuff of the bottem of the tank

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
sounds like that may be your problem. If your getting a full stream of fuel running out of the tank then most likely the carb is gunked up and will need to be cleaned.
:ditto: , Welcome to GTT Bolens 1053!!!!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bolens1053 said:
I have a bolens 1053 and with the tra-10d engine and it wont start it ran a month ago it was cold then but now it wont start does any one have some sugestions on what to do

thank you
Yeah I rebuilt the starter generator and it turned over faster and it started right up turns out every time the engine started firing the barings in the generator would lock up and stall the engine resulting in an engine that didnt start but thanks for all the sugestions now i can think about other things for my tractor instead of the engine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts