Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I found a set of wheel weights locally. The owners says they are cast iron, 12" wheel, they say mfg brand and are 40lbs each. Does this sound like a old cast massey wheel weight set??? I have a 2011 massey gc 2600 scut and I want to bolt them on the rear for extra weight. So if they are massey weights please let me know so I can snatch them up quick before there gone. Also some pics would be nice to se what they are supposed to look like, Thanks!!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle They are 2 piece weights that weigh 40 lbs each.
Here is a pic
 

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
Joined
·
7,712 Posts
Yeah, just like Ducky's, that's what they are, just like these.

Ducky, that thing is wild.:smile1:

Hope this helps, but it may mean nothing. Are the rims on your GC the same?

You should get on agcopartsbooks.com and see what's shown there.
#'s should be in the casting.
 

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so if they say mfg, there massey?? I haven't seen them or a pic of them yet. The gentleman thats selling them seems very old and I can barely understand him on the phone. I would think they should fit as my wheels are 12" and have the mounting holes in them for wheel weights. I figured I'd paint them up red, and put them on there. For $40 I cant go wrong I think.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
85 Posts
fonz3482 said:
so if they say mfg, there massey?? I haven't seen them or a pic of them yet. The gentleman thats selling them seems very old and I can barely understand him on the phone. I would think they should fit as my wheels are 12" and have the mounting holes in them for wheel weights. I figured I'd paint them up red, and put them on there. For $40 I cant go wrong I think.
If they are the real thing, $40.00 is a steal deal for them.
 

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
Joined
·
5,623 Posts
If they are 40 Lb cast weights for $40...it doesn't matter what brand they are! That's a good price for weights in general and an awesome price for a set of original Massey weights!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
$40 is a Great price for real Massey weights.
 
G

·
ducky, when you bought tires for that articulator did they give you a bulk volume discount? if not 8 carlisle tru-powers must have been over a grand.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
ACguy1994 said:
ducky, when you bought tires for that articulator did they give you a bulk volume discount? if not 8 carlisle tru-powers must have been over a grand.
I bought 10 of them because I needs a pair of my loader tractor also. I got them local for just a bit over a grand. I thought it was a real deal.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
holy smokes!!! Over a grand in tires!!! I don't even spend that much on my daily driver jeep with mudders. That is a sweet machine though ducky!! Is there a build thread somewhere on it??
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
fonz3482 said:
holy smokes!!! Over a grand in tires!!! I don't even spend that much on my daily driver jeep with mudders. That is a sweet machine though ducky!! Is there a build thread somewhere on it??
Yes there is. It is called 1855 to 4855. It has been a bit stagnant lately because for summer but will be getting back on it again this winter. When I am all done I would like to write an article on the build.
 

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
Joined
·
32,409 Posts
caseguy said:
If they are 40 Lb cast weights for $40...it doesn't matter what brand they are!
:ditto: You can say that again!!!!!!!!!
 
G

·
actually a grand for 10 isnt a bad deal. it seems expensive but in reality, a lil over 100 bucks a piece isnt bad. when i get the allis 310 going im going in invest in dually ags. firestone floatations or tru powers.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
Those Tru Powers are some great tires.Have Rim guards as well. Makes them a tad bit wide as well.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top