Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 7 , but i need some good pics of engine, side of hood with a cut out and air cleaner, something on mine looks not right. I would like pictures of restored or orginal. Also exaust, muffler etc i think engine has been replaced but they put the right muffler and intake pipe to lower carb down to left side of grill. the serial # puts it a 1972 recoil but mine is electric start but has no decal on hood. Working on 10 right at this point, using crushed glass in my cabinet works great.Any OEM pictures would be welcome.Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I believe there are some brochures in the manuals section that has the MF7 and MF8 pictured. I don't know how much detail they have though. If you want to post a picture of your MF7 I am sure we can help with identifying anything that isn't right.

·
32 Posts
i have found quite a bit of mf7 mf8 mf10 mf12 and mf14 photos useing google images and youtube that has helped me so far

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
You also have the gallery to view images also :D

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
My serial number says my MF7 is a 1970 recoil but it's a electric start just like yours. And like what NUTNDUN Their are plenty of pictures of MF7's in the gallery and registry.
Good luck :thumbs:

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
nova ss said:
I just purchased a 7 , but i need some good pics of engine, side of hood with a cut out and air cleaner, something on mine looks not right. I would like pictures of restored or orginal. Also exaust, muffler etc i think engine has been replaced but they put the right muffler and intake pipe to lower carb down to left side of grill. the serial # puts it a 1972 recoil but mine is electric start but has no decal on hood. Working on 10 right at this point, using crushed glass in my cabinet works great.Any OEM pictures would be welcome.Thanks
Sound like you have a 8hp engine in there??? HM80 instead of a H70
Can you post some pictures.

·
Tacos!
1,082 Posts
If you mean the dealer, then I would say no. As far as I know the only ones the dealer did were the 7 cause they were so underpowered. Other than that, guys do swaps all the time so if you mean could any old person have that, then yep, they could have. Just my HO.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
timothy said:
mine is a mf10 do you think they did engine upgrades on them like say a 14hp tec?
The HH100 10hp, is the same displacement as the OH140 14hp, the extra power comes from over head valve technology.
The OH160 16hp or OH180 18hp would be the one to put in an MF10s,12s, OH180 was the largest and most powerful of the bunch (HH, OH)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts