Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try and clean up the owners manual pages I have found for the Power King Economy Model 80 mower to make it much easier to read. I am trying to decipher the first two lines on the second page but I have not been able to figure it out yet - perhaps someone has better eyesight than me and can make it out. Even better if someone has a better copy of the instructions for the Model 80 deck they would be willing to share that would be most helpful.
Thinking it is " Assembling and Mounting Mower on tractor
? change key (item?) etc."

Font Publication Paper Book Paper product

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Hi Stew I can not help either and its interesting in that I have the latest PK thumb drive and it has manuals for 9 models of mower decks and not one is for a model 80 there is a model 81 and 48's & 74's. So I've been thinking about this manual and I sure hope you can clean it up I think (and probably getting in to trouble) that this manual covers the first parallel hitch deck they made around 79 /80 I have seen pictures of that deck hitch and have helped a number of guys install it but have never seen a manual I have a model 81 hitch and deck & manual

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Stew I can not help either and its interesting in that I have the latest PK thumb drive and it has manuals for 9 models of mower decks and not one is for a model 80 there is a model 81 and 48's & 74's. So I've been thinking about this manual and I sure hope you can clean it up I think (and probably getting in to trouble) that this manual covers the first parallel hitch deck they made around 79 /80 I have seen pictures of that deck hitch and have helped a number of guys install it but have never seen a manual I have a model 81 hitch and deck & manual
After seeing the manual on the Model 81 that you posted I do believe that the actual Model 80 mower deck is very similar (if not identical) but I do believe that it does use a different mount.
Did a quick clean up of the manual you posted and have attached it if you wish a cleaner copy. I have also attached the 4 pages of the Model 80 manual that I found by accident that was posted along with a tractor operators manual but it is very hard for me to read. If you could have a look at it and verify that it is the same first style deck hitch that you mention that would be interesting to know. I have also attached a cleaned up version of page 1 of the 80 manual - still need to verify the reference numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Good Morning Stew, your clean up work is great and yes the main difference between the model 80 & 81 decks is the hitch/mule drive, the 80 has a squarish aft mount and the aft front mts are different, the 81 aft mt is more of a "Y" with the front aft mts are held in place by a bar between the 2 1" round mts. as far as I know the decks are the same and can be used with the standard hitch or either the 80 or 81 hitch, the deck hitch attach mts are different between the standard and parallel hitchs

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info and kind words Gary. I am thinking the first word of the second line is "Crank" as in "Crank Change Key" but still debating it in my mind - could also be Grab??

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I reversed the image and now am wondering if it is just "Quick Change Key" but if it is the rest of the sentence does not make sense to me. If it is "quick" then it would read "Quick Change KEY (item 24) on ROLLER SUPPORT BRACKET (item 5). Almost as if there is part of a line missing?? Guess I will try my best guess and see how it turns out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I thing I found a similar sentence in the 81 manual
Quick Change KEYS (Item 25) from the Blank
SalTS (Item 24) on the Roller SuPPOrt BRACKETS (Item 5)'-11; each case. pull out t

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thing I found a similar sentence in the 81 manual
Quick Change KEYS (Item 25) from the Blank
SalTS (Item 24) on the Roller SuPPOrt BRACKETS (Item 5)'-11; each case. pull out t
Thanks Gary - I see that now when I used the search feature in the cleaned up pdf of the model 81. There are a few words before that that I may see if I can fit into the Model 80 page so it makes a little more sense when read.

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still working on page 2 and this is what I have come up with so far. I have left "?" where I am not sure of the text - attached is a clean copy of the page as an image and a pdf . If someone sees obvious errors or can make out what I cannot feel free to post with your suggestion / guess. Will continue working on this as my eyes and time permit.
Font Screenshot Number Document Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Hi Stew I see where you have ? marks but not sure what goes there seeing the diagram to relate to the figure and numbers they mention would help I think. For step 8 the ? should be a level I think second ? it

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Stew I see where you have ? marks but not sure what goes there seeing the diagram to relate to the figure and numbers they mention would help I think. For step 8 the ? should be a level I think second ? it
Thanks Gary. Working on the diagrams but may take a few days before I get them cleaned up. Got the spindle one (page 4) cleaned up today but it was relatively easy since it was just a matter of taking the exploded spindle in the model 81 document and then renumbering the parts for the model 80 document. Guessed at the document numbers at the bottom - guessing they were just documentation numbers but you may know better than me. Attached is a jpeg of the cleaned up page 4.
Musical instrument Art Font Parallel Drawing

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Attached are the four pages as images as much as I can decipher right now - loaded them as thumbnails but if you click on them they should enlarge to full size.
I also did another enhancement on the original pages and they are attached as a pdf. Maybe Gary or someone else will check them out and see what looks right and what does not and post any corrections they feel should be made. Thanks for your help.

Edit May 13 2022 - Went through the drawing on page 3 this afternoon and corrected some of the call out numbers on the parts diagram as they were not correct - have replaced the page 3 I did have loaded with the updated one.
Font Publication Screenshot Paper Paper product
Font Material property Number Document Monochrome
Plant Font Art Drawing Line art
Musical instrument Art Font Parallel Drawing

Attachments

·
A Little Off Plumb
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is a final version that I believe is a close representation of the Model 80 mower original owners manual - some of the part numbers are best guesses so I added a disclaimer to use at own risk. I also included the original pages as the back of the document so if someone has better eyesight or more Power King Knowledge they can refer to them to see how close I came. If someone sees an error please advise and I will try and correct it.

Hopefully the document will help someone with a Model 80 deck when they try to install or remove it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Hi Stew, that looks really good and the numbers you asked about really don't mean much to the average user, sorry I didn't get here before but we had a terrific wind storm and we had no electric power for over 53 hours, then after the power line was repaired the REA crew missed a bad neutral connection all Sunday but this morning they came back and repaired it so we are good to good now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts