Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum, but need some information on a carburator, I bought a Estate keeper anout a week ago, but the guy I bought it from took the carb for his 1053. So, now I need a carb, but can't seem to find one used, other than Sam's Bolens (he wants almost $400 for one). This tractor cost me $150, just can't see putting that much money in for just a carb.

I also have a 12(53?), that has a S-12d engine with i believe an LQ-44? I think I need a LQ-33 for the TRA-10d i have in the Estate Keeper.

If I buy a rebuild kit for a LQ-33, and use the main jet in the LQ-44, would it work?

If not, where can I find the correct carb ad a REASONABLE price?

If i can't make the other carb work, or, find one to buy, can a Predator engine from Harbor Freight me made to work in the 10d's place?

Here's the tractor......

Any help would be welcome, I did try to do my research before posting.

Attachments

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
I have some good use carbs and the kits for them and may be able to beat that price on a new one. Just send a pm or give us a call. I also see you are only around a half hour away and welcome to the site.

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Please dont get rid of the Wisconsin! parts are still available and you cannot get a new engine as good as this one is.

I only stock new parts so Bob may be your best bet on a used carb.

I stock the complete kits for these carbs as well as the jets, and gaskets individually.

If you have any other questions about your EK10 just ask lots of knowledgeable guys here!

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I might have a carb, too, if Bob can't help. It sounds like you two are close enough to be able to save the shipping.

Ben W.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thanks guys! Didn't know there were that many people like me that get into this old stuff. I contacted Bob about a carb. Hopefully he can help. Can't wait to see the reactions of my yuppy neibors when I roll this thing out to now!

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Wow! Thanks guys! Didn't know there were that many people like me that get into this old stuff. I contacted Bob about a carb. Hopefully he can help. Can't wait to see the reactions of my yuppy neibors when I roll this thing out to now!
You'll be mowing in style compared to the crap today! :thumbs:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome!

There are all kinds of us around here into the old stuff :D

The site sponsors are a great source for parts.

·
Registered
313 Posts
as an EK owner i welcome you to our site and say i have to agree with doc on keeping the wisconson engine ,after fixing the problems it had from setting it mows better than any mower i have owned or operated , remember to grease alllllllll of the grease zerks regular so you don't burn up any of the universals or the carrier for the shaft drive on the pto . in the manuals section you will find most all the manuals you will need to repair and service your newtoyou EK the owners manual has a diagram of the grease an lube locations be sure to get every one the first time you use it then then again before the second and then follow the manufactures table for the lubejobs after , i did this and am running quiet and smooth . :thumbs: :worshippy1: EK's forever

1 - 10 of 10 Posts