Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deceased
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_0281.jpg

i pick up a bolens suburban 26 today for FREE!!!!!!! it needs alot of work but these are so rare around here im so happy to have this little tractor:bounce: its a first production run so i beleave its a 1966? if i am wrong and anyone knows the year please let me know thanks, sam
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
Very nice find!
Rare yes.

I have one myself but it in a little better shape
 

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
Joined
·
3,239 Posts
1967bolens collector said:
its a first production run so i beleave its a 1966? if i am wrong and anyone knows the year please let me know thanks, sam
1963 model 8726-01 had 5hp B&S model 140702 type 0125-01 (1961, 1962, & 1963 mowers were painted gold)

1964 model 8726-02 had 5hp B&S model 140702 type 0125-01 (I'm not sure on color for 1964 & 1965)
1965 model 8726-03 had 5hp B&S model 140702 type 0125-01

1966 & 1967 model 8727-01 had 5hp B&S model 144702 type 0122-01 (painted white)

1968 & 1969 model 8728-01 had 5hp B&S model 130902 type 0195-01 (painted white)
 

·
Deceased
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is 8727-01 thanks for the info bruce
 

·
Deceased
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wilberj said:
Very nice find!
Rare yes.

I have one myself but it in a little better shape
the next time i post pics it will be like brans new. when the tractor shows are done she will be in the shop for a complete rebuild and restore. i never thought i could find one of these so now i got one i am goin the extra mile to make this extra nice. im hopeing to find the parts to fix the deck. the shaft that the blade mounts to is missing. i have to get the manual out to see what else is missing
 

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
Joined
·
5,623 Posts
Nice score! Some assembly required...but that's just fine considering the unbeatable low, low price of free!
 

·
DR. Bolens
Joined
·
19,063 Posts
Bruce Dorsi said:
1963 model 8726-01 had 5hp B&S model 140702 type 0125-01 (1961, 1962, & 1963 mowers were painted gold)

1964 model 8726-02 had 5hp B&S model 140702 type 0125-01 (I'm not sure on color for 1964 & 1965)
1965 model 8726-03 had 5hp B&S model 140702 type 0125-01

1966 & 1967 model 8727-01 had 5hp B&S model 144702 type 0122-01 (painted white)

1968 & 1969 model 8728-01 had 5hp B&S model 130902 type 0195-01 (painted white)
The 64' and 65' were painted white as well.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
628 Posts
great find sam, cant beat that price either!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
54,024 Posts
Sam, glad you found this. And for FREE! An awesome score. I hope you can find the missing parts and restore this to it's former glory. I be looking for the pics when you get it finished. Thanks for sharing your find.
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
434 Posts
I get a kick out of what you guys drag home:worshippy1::worshippy1::worshippy1:who says that there is no love left in this word.:bounce::bounce::bounce:
 

·
Tractorholic
Joined
·
2,075 Posts
What a fantastic addition ! Glad to hear of the low purchase price. I have no doubt that you will keep us posted on any new updates.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top