Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have a new addition to the farm, little "Sam" came today the 19th of April. We don't know whether it's a girl or a boy, so we hence the name. Shep and Sheila are very proud parents, and Aunt Jesse, our Mustang Mare are taking very good care of the little Cria

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We got her on Valentines Day, or as we like to call it "The day our little Shep became a Man", In all fairness she was already pregnant, but Shep made darn sure, over and over, and over. Llamas have a 366 day gestation period, as soon as the baby Cria is born the male starts mating with the Female, many times a day for several days, weeks. females don't come into heat, but rather are prodded into egg drop soup, by constant copulation. I just knew you guys would want to know how it happens with Llamas, with me, the wife pulled the goalie and didn't tell me.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I wasn't sure what the gestation period was for them, I just new it was awfully quick since you just got her not long ago. Sounds like Shep is going to be a busy man for the next couple weeks LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.