Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to lowes and I was looking at the lawn lowers and sitting their is a green bolens push mower I thought bolens wasn't making lowers any more

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
its a mtd with the name Bolens. makes me sick

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Bolens 1000 said:
:ditto:

The Good name and quality of Bolens has been long gone for some time now :(
And it's a real shame.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Some time after MTD bought out Gardenway, which had bought out Bolens, the corporate folks at MTD made the decision that their premier garden tractor line would be Cub Cadet. All their other brand names, including Bolens, would be badge-engineered as lower line products. Bolens happens to be the one sold at Lowes. It is simply a standard MTD product painted a different color with different decals. And it is a real shame. Back when Bolens was in direct competition with Cub Cadet and they were independent companies, Bolens was probably the better machine.

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
I have one of those Lowes Bolens push mowers. It's a high wheel. It came with the camp. It is a typical MTD product. Nothing special. I brought it back when the push handle broke at the frame. It's been retired to do edge work at Dad's place. I replaced it with a self propelled John Deere push mower.

·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a shame to put a good name on cheep products wish bolens still made tractors today i wonder what they would look like

1 - 7 of 7 Posts