Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone i'm usually in the bolens forum but i grew tired of my daily mower and i always wanted a red 82 series tractor. While i didn't find a red 782 this white and yellow one will work as it has the cast iron rear end with internal brakes.

It's in nice shape the guy i bought it was a big cub guy and did most of the maintenance items needed it run nice with no smoke it has a walbro carb and could really use a adjustable kohler carb.

It didn't come with a mower deck so i am on the hunt for one i may convert to a newer GT deck.

Pics

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tractor

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Motor vehicle Font Rectangle Gas Emblem

Attachments

·
Cub Cadet Collector
1,457 Posts
Nice find!!! One of my favorite series of cubs made. Looks really clean. Model year 1982 with that serial. I might have a deck for that tractor. Not sure where you are in NY?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice find!!! One of my favorite series of cubs made. Looks really clean. Model year 1982 with that serial. I might have a deck for that tractor. Not sure where you are in NY?
Thanks i figured it was 82 as it still has a cast rear end and i know CCC used up old parts before switching to the new aluminum rears. I love how close there are to the bigger tractors of the day. Also I am about 4-5 hours south of you.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Sweet lookin 782! That cast CCC logo that is missing (between the head lights) I may have one if I can find it. Does the KT-17 series II engine remain? If so how many hours? Just curious~

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet lookin 782! That cast CCC logo that is missing (between the head lights) I may have one if I can find it. Does the KT-17 series II engine remain? If so how many hours? Just curious~
Thanks i know that cast piece won't be an easy thing to obtain and it's a shame the grille just looks like it's missing something. It does have a series 2 in it no oil filter but that plate is in the block so it can be added. The hour meter works shows a little over 400 hours i think its rolled at least once but it's in great shape for being 34 years old.

·
Super Moderator
55,378 Posts
Good looking Cub!

Reactions: JohnWR

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My BIL has a 782D with the 50" (?) deck, and it does a nice job cutting the grass.

I know you were shooting for a red one, but it looks like you got a really nice one.
Thanks i feel i did alright the only other thing i with it had was a dual stick hydro setup. Also if you look close you can still see the 1886 i got off ken a few years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.