Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and new to Massey but got a MF 10, came with tiller, mower deck, a home made snow blower deal, and a CAB which I will be taking off. Runs great, will be restoring, and will post some pics soon.

Want to know the year of my MF is someone could decode that would be great thanks 1446019151

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
Welcome , Good to see more Massey fans. The other members should be able to help you with the year, May need your engine model #, Good to have you, Shawn

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Yours was made 1969, one of the last ones that year serial# ran until 19155 for 1969.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Ryanp, :welcome: to GTTALK. That's a nice tractor you have there, my son has on like it. I think by 69 they had switched them all over to the electronic ignition. May want to do a little looking around here... The electronic systems have been covered a couple of times in older threads.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, and the info for the electrical system. The tractor came with a service manual, and I'm a mechanic by trade but if I run into any trouble, this will be the 1st place I'll go

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
:wave: ryanp welcome to GTTalk! Glad to have you on board and it's great that you've found some help right off the bat! (it doesn't hurt that there are a lot of Massey guys here LOL) We'll be awaiting the pics!

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I love the Massey MF10 and MF12's. Just for reference there is a serial number / date sheet in the manuals section that covers the Massey MF7, MF8, MF10, MF12, MF14 and MF16 :D

Welcome to GTtalk.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
When you get around to restoring, and if you're contemplateing new belts, do yourself a favour and
buy them from the MF dealer. Many have tried to find subs, but they just don't cut it.
The MF belts aren't cheap, but they do the job.

Welcome to GTTalk.
Oh, and we must see pictures.:wewantpics::wewantpics:

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do the mf10's perform with the rotor tiller on, and the mower deck. Both attachments seem pretty big for only 10hp

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
ryanp said:
How do the mf10's perform with the rotor tiller on, and the mower deck. Both attachments seem pretty big for only 10hp
It has enough power to drive the 42" mower deck no problem, and with the 22" tiller it doesn't even know its there, never tried one with the 38" wide tiller yet.
Nice looing tractor, somebody spent some time putting that together, the cap, rear weights, and the snow blower looks like its for something else not a Massey blower??? Good stuff.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Sure looks like a work horse.
Do I see a CB mic cord hanging down in the cab?
Looks to be in really good shape.
Tweak it, and you'll have a worker for years to come.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The cab is a homemade deal. As for the cb lol its just a rubber tie strap so the door doesn't open too far. The snowblower is also a homemade deal. I will be removing the snowblower and the cab. This tractor will mainly be used to till and cut grass. But still needs a little tlc, the engine leaks oil like crazy

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,544 Posts
Welcome....My MF10 drives a 36" snowblower with little effort....You can ship that cab to me, it was cold out there blowing this winter.....lol

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well figured I'd let you know what kind of work I've done to the mf10 so you don't think I'm lazy lol. Removed and scraped the cab, installed new spark plug, made a new spark plug wire. Changed all belts and fluids. Installed tiller. Removed the motorcycle pipe because it made too much back pressure for the 10, and ran it straight pipe stack for now till I find a muffler. Sounds not bad straight lol. Shimmed the front end king pins etc. Made a new steering stopper, it was missing one. Welded the hood and the hinge

So now its pretty much ready to break a new garden as soon as it dries up

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Awwww! Scrapped the cab?? I loved the doorknob on it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts