Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello! I am Michael from middle TN. I just bought a nice MF12 and am looking for some nice implements and other parts to go with it. I look forward to learning more about these too. Here it is next to my 5100E.

Michael
View attachment 416306
Good to see another Tennesseean! I live west of you just across the river in Benton County. Good luck with your Massey Ferguson!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks! Do we have any antique tractor shows or anything of that sort around here?
there is an antique tractor show in Atwood just north of Milan, I believe the 2nd Saturday in October. That is the only one I know of. I haven't seen a Plow Day anywhere close to us.

In my area, people see these old garden tractors as big lawn mowers. They don't know what they are capable of. I have "rescued" 2, an MTD 998 (White GT1855) and a Deutz Allis 1920. The owners hadn't used them in years, so they weren't running. I put air in the tires, checked the oil, cleaned the gas tank and filled it and they fired up. But most people don't have a need for one anymore. I have been trying to sell the MTD for 2 months and I can't even get an offer on it.

If you hear of any tractor shows, please post them on the forum here. I would love to go see the old stuff and talk to people who know what these machines can do.

·
Registered
1972 Massey Ferguson MF12
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is an antique tractor show in Atwood just north of Milan, I believe the 2nd Saturday in October. That is the only one I know of. I haven't seen a Plow Day anywhere close to us.

In my area, people see these old garden tractors as big lawn mowers. They don't know what they are capable of. I have "rescued" 2, an MTD 998 (White GT1855) and a Deutz Allis 1920. The owners hadn't used them in years, so they weren't running. I put air in the tires, checked the oil, cleaned the gas tank and filled it and they fired up. But most people don't have a need for one anymore. I have been trying to sell the MTD for 2 months and I can't even get an offer on it.

If you hear of any tractor shows, please post them on the forum here. I would love to go see the old stuff and talk to people who know what these machines can do.
Well do you think there are enough people here in our area that we can put on our own event/hangout one day? I would love to see what these can do and don’t mind plowing up some of my fields 😂 there’s plenty of space to park and load/unload tractors at my place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts