Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new grapple attachment and it looks to be very good quality and heavy built.Since I traded in my 445 for the CM224.I will need to borrow my brothers 445 to try it out and eventually I will adapt it to my mower.I have lots of limbs to clean up so it will get a good work out and evaluation.

Attachments

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gave it a little workout today.I didn't realize how much lifting power these tractor have.Picked up the long log with ease and I sectioned it and weighed each piece and it came out to 530 lbs.I moved a large pile of brush in a short time with very little wasted motion.It helped to have a friend who was stacking limbs.Not quite closing enough to make it suitable for gathering limbs so some scrap steel was bolted on to extend the fingers and that made it usable for limbs and brush.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the post John. I'm glad you are having fun with your new grapple. I told you it was a real workhorse. I would be careful with lifting super heavy loads since your front axle may not handle as much weight as this thing can lift. The hydraulic cylinders on these hitches are quite powerful aren't they?

For those that are interested in getting a great deal on one of these please email me asap. I have several that are built and ready to ship. I will provide bolt on extension pieces with teeth that will help keep the very small stuff from falling out the front. I would like to get these in a bunch of your hands so I can compile some video for my web site (will be up soon).

.... I am a site supporter so I believe I am able to discuss selling these....

Thanks,

Mark

·
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the post John. I'm glad you are having fun with your new grapple. I told you it was a real workhorse. I would be careful with lifting super heavy loads since your front axle may not handle as much weight as this thing can lift. The hydraulic cylinders on these hitches are quite powerful aren't they?

For those that are interested in getting a great deal on one of these please email me asap. I have several that are built and ready to ship. I will provide bolt on extension pieces with teeth that will help keep the very small stuff from falling out the front. I would like to get these in a bunch of your hands so I can compile some video for my web site (will be up soon).

.... I am a site supporter so I believe I am able to discuss selling these....

Thanks,

Mark
I am not the least bit worried about the front end as the tractor I am using is not mine.

Actually I do not believe the grapple with a heavy load will exert any more weight than a loaded bucket from a front end loader would.These front ends are about as stout as I have seen on a GT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.