Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

Just got my first garden tractor. Saw it on craigslist for $250 and as I am in the process of moving out of town I think it will serve me well. It is a ST100 with a a B&S 10hp, starts easy runs well moves fine. The guy I got it from his grandfather had bought new in the 80's and as soon as he finds the manual he will contact me. As I am in the process of getting an house in the country with a little over an acre I figured it runs this good I will be able to put it to good use. Anyone with info on this model I welcome and though our snow in Wisconsin is almost melted what would be my options for a blade or blower for this model? Again keeping it economical.

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome. The ST 100 was designated as a light yard work, mowing unit only. It has a lightweight "non tilling" transmission. It was not fitted with the lift arm capable to operate any other attachments besides the 36" mower deck. These were great for mowing small to medium sized yards, up to an acre and pulling a small wagon.

·
Blackjackjakexxix
2,373 Posts
Welcome. The ST 100 was designated as a light yard work, mowing unit only. It has a lightweight "non tilling" transmission. It was not fitted with the lift arm capable to operate any other attachments besides the 36" mower deck. These were great for mowing small to medium sized yards, up to an acre and pulling a small wagon.
Woops,forgot about the lift arm on the ST 100 model

·
Registered
697 Posts
Sorry to hear that the unit you have now won't do everything you need. There are tractors out there in your price range that will work for you though. Stick around here and ask questions before you buy . There are brands other than Bolens that are great as well (or so I have heard).

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a ST 100 that has been bulletproof for years. But now I've got a busted blade and presumably the factory deck. I can't find a manual or anything on this relic, so am having difficulty searching for a replacement blade that will fit.

Can you provide assistance in this search? Manual? Compatible blades in market today? Love this old rock-solid tractor and hate for a busted blade to be its demise.

Welcome to GTT :wave:

Your mower was made in 1989

Blades, tillers and blowers were available plus a few other things

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.