Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I figured I would make a post. Been reading on and off for a while and figured I should just bite the bullet and join.

I own:

Ariens S16H - 54 inch plow, weights, chains and chain tensioners - this is my primary plow tractor - although I recently picked up a mower deck (needs a lot of work but hoping to salvage it)

Ariens Emperor 8HP - This was my primary lawn mowing machine and honestly runs well and cuts grass like no other. Something I will probably restore as I noticed the engine block has a hole in it that is leaking a ton of oil out of it... When I went to store it for the winter it didn't want to start.

John Deere 160 - Picked up for a deal off Facebook from a local guy - came with a 38 inch deck, bagger, an extra set of blades, 42 inch plow - tire chains. This will probably be the everyday mower next season and the backup plow tractor.

I also own a 7HP Ariens snowblower and a 8HP as well.

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
Welcome to GTT, fellow Nutmegger. We have a nice, friendly and helpfull group here. You are in an area where I see quite a few interesting things on CraigsList. When you need info check our Manuals Section. When you have questions, just ask. Pics included with questions do help clarify info. Do you ever get to the Kent shows? Good Luck, Rick

·
Getting Out!
8,215 Posts
You should know if reading here some, you need pictures as proof of what you own, heh! Ariens nut, that is a little different. Lets see that big unit. One with Hole in block.........leaks oil.....that was a Funny right? If was twin and still running could understand, but not sure if a single, hee!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome - Here are some pictures for you guys, the Deere is missing as I just picked that up on Monday. I'll post some soon though.

My neighbor has a few S series tractors and a GT so he was the one that got me into Ariens stuff.

I think the Emperor is worth fixing just because it is so cool and easy to use.

Let me dig up some pictures I have.

IMG_8236_zpsfzbqyvqc.jpg

20141214_153455_zpshuvysb2e.jpg

20150528_191438_zpsnbcmngj3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
55,382 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the forum! Nice looking units. Hope that hole isn't too big!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.