Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was directed to your site from a gentleman on Ebay. I am trying to sell a blower that's needs some parts. I have 2 snappers. I am working on the first one I recently bought up in St. Louis. I had a bear of a time with the electrical but it's only the front pto switch that's bad. I am waiting for head gaskets and intake gaskets. It came with a big mower deck and the blower. I also got a bucket of parts I have no idea what they are

Attachments

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Nice GT. Welcome to GTT. I have a 1600 and it is a great tractor when it runs. Check for the manuals you need in our Manuals Section. Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
:welcometogttalk: The "parts" look like parts to make a 3 point lift/hitch.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What parts are for the lift hitch and what are blower parts? I usually work on the garden tractors from the 60s so I am at a loss with all this

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you decided to join us.

·
4,482 Posts
The parts are mower deck mounting and lifting and a link for lifting the snow blower.

·
Tractorholic
1,711 Posts
Here is a great video from Joes outdoor power. He removes thousands of steering wheels this way. The steering is a ross system. The shaft that the steering wheel is on is fine splined so use alot of penitrating oil.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Welcome to GTTalk. Those 1855s are a great tractor. That video is a revelation for anyone who has struggled to remove a wheel, which is probably most of us. The right tool for the job makes all the difference.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Been pulling them that way all my life. Works like a charm.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Hi

Welcome to GTT

Those 4 "U" shaped brackets (pic5) look like holders for cultivator teeth. Everything

else is mounting hardware for deck of blower. Except that pc of 1/2" angle (pic5). not

sure about that.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Welcome.

The 4 triangle type shpaed bracekts re the frame mounts for the mowing deck.

I would guess the large springs are assist springs for the snow blower.

Shoot me a PM with your email, I can try to email the 3 manuals and parts lists I have for the 1855

·
Registered
327 Posts
Most owners of these blowers don't know it until it happens to them but under that half shield is a jackshaft that is not available anywhere making it worth some cash and the bearing to the jackshaft new is 50 bucks If I didn't have 3 of these already I would take it just for the parts you can find the parts breakdown for these in partstree under attachment to the 1855

1 - 20 of 119 Posts