Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that my beautiful little 900 needed a beautiful little seat. Chev 29 has done such a fantastic job on the seats that he hand sewed I decided to buy one from him. There is a great post on this forum on the progress of the seats that he has made. He was kind enough to send me a seat in the mail to inspect and see if I liked it prior to buying it. The seat arrived in fine condition and is beautiful. The material is very thick and sturdy. The stitching is firm and rugged. I believe that the seat is going to last a long time. That seat is now on my 900 and it makes the tractor look like the true classic that it is. Here are a few pictures of the tractor and the seat.

Attachments

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,040 Posts
Thanks so much for the kind words and sharing the pictures. It is great to see the seat sitting on your beautiful 900 where it was meant to be.

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
Simply AWESOME all around :worshippy1:

Great workmanship in the seat and write-ups on re-construction and now installed on a very fine looking 900 :rocker2:

Thanks for BOTH of you for sharing the process and the results :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Looks very nice and it absolutely compliments the tractor perfectly all the way around! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks for the pics, the tractor looks new.

He was kind enough to send me a seat in the mail to inspect and see if I liked it prior to buying it.
That sounds like Stew! Sometimes I wish I could find another tractor just so that I could buy another one of his seats. :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow, excellent job on that seat... that looks better than factory even! I may have to have you redo some of the seats for my tractors if I can ever get them running enough and restored enough to warrant putting a nice brand new seat on it! Can you redo any Bolens seat (or other brands of tractors for that matter)? How much do you usually charge?

·
Got Sum
1,221 Posts
Nice 900 Ed ( like all the rest of your work and collection) and the seat is a beaut, owning several of Stew's seats and going to bug him for a few more, I can truly say pics don't do them justice. His work is first class , thou his rhyming poetry may be where his real talent lies... :)
As blackjackjakexxiv says " Stews the man".

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,040 Posts
Wow, excellent job on that seat... that looks better than factory even! I may have to have you redo some of the seats for my tractors if I can ever get them running enough and restored enough to warrant putting a nice brand new seat on it! Can you redo any Bolens seat (or other brands of tractors for that matter)? How much do you usually charge?
I sent you a pm regarding your questions.

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for all your replies. The seat does make the tractor as you don't typically see nice original seats these days. The tractor is not my restoration. I could not find one of these for years and someone that I know had one for sale. He restored it and I'll say that he does exceptional work on anything that he tackles. The tractor itself runs well. The engine was not rebuilt but it runs very well. The tractor was completely dis-assembled, the driveline was sent to Justin in NH to have the clutch and driveline rebuilt. It is unbelievable how well a brand new clutch grabs on these tractors. I can tell the difference between my 853 and this 900 on the clutch.

·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My missing link is a 900! They are hard to come by. Been looking for years!!
Yes, I consider myself very luck for the opportunity to purchase this one.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
That seat looks great. He did the one on my 850 an I'm super happy with it

Reactions: LPBolens
1 - 16 of 16 Posts