Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
I went out today and picked up a 16 that I paid for weeks ago. The bonus was the trailer he threw in with. Even loaded it with his skid steer! I just stood there. Its a non runner for now. Missing carb but I have one on the shelf. Also missing all the dash tower panels including the serial tag. The engine has been replaced sometime in its life. Hoping to get it cleaned up and running this weekend. My plan is to mount my tiller. That way I can leave the 3 point on my other 16. I don't know the brand of trailer. Could it be Massey also? Anyone have some pics to compare?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Window Snow Automotive tire

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Snow Wheel

Vehicle Wheel Tire Snow Snowplow

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Has anybody seen my coffee ?
1,366 Posts
I thought I was going to see a Deutz Allis 1920 completely in pieces and the bonus was Jason gave you the instruction sheets to put it back together. :D :smilewink: Seriously I'm glad to see you got the MF16 home Eric. That hoss will be great to run the tiller with once it's up and running again.

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Got that too. No instructions

Eric

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,611 Posts
Eric, I had to resize those pics. They were just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo big!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Congrats Eric.

At first I thought the guy threw in the big trailer :loosing_it:

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet :D

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eric, I had to resize those pics. They were just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo big!
Sorry, I uploaded them from my phone. Didn't check the size. Thanks for the fix.

Eric

Reactions: Gabriel and KennyP

·
Super Moderator
54,611 Posts
Sorry, I uploaded them from my phone. Didn't check the size. Thanks for the fix.

Eric
Not a problem, Eric. Part of what I get paid for!

·
Super Moderator
54,611 Posts
I'm thinking it's an older Ohio Steel myself!

Reactions: dropped82

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What brand of motor is the 16?
Its a Kohler single 16. K341. Big thumper. It makes for a good combo with the 2 speed sunstrand hydro. Daniel had warned me I would like these tractors. He was right! Tahoe, we should talk a little more about bringing that 1855 up. It would look good with its elders.

Sounds like the trailer will make a great firewood hauler. I'm gonna look into putting a wider set of tires/wheels on. Maybe go to some 6.50's instead of the 4's. Thanks all for the info. I gotta finish my 420 project then plan to get this running. One thing I noticed is the electric clutch is missing. They rigged up a cable attached to a lever next to the footrest. The cable is attached to the tensioner pulley on the mule drive. Guess no one wanted to get another Pto clutch. The switch and wiring is still there. Should be fairly easy to fix back to original.

Eric

Reactions: MH81

·
4,482 Posts
Nice find.

You will be right with that 1855 on plow day. (unless I bring Mine) :wave:

Reactions: dropped82
1 - 20 of 22 Posts