Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a older model ariens hydrostatic lawn tractor I cannot find the proper gas cap for it can somebody help me out with the one that I would need for this besides the fact I have for the numbers and stuff for gone off of this to identify to get one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a older model ariens hydrostatic lawn tractor I cannot find the proper gas cap for it can somebody help me out with the one that I would need for this besides the fact I have for the numbers and stuff for gone off of this to identify to get one View attachment 401208
I did already order the gas cap number 03181900 The sh aft was a bit to long and the gas cap itself diameter was a little too big so if somebody could help me out with a part number to order one I'd appreciate it thanks

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
Welcome to GTT. First, that is not a lawn tractor that is a real good garden tractor. It can do a lot more than a lawn tractor. Go into our manuals section and download the manuals for that tractor and any sales brochures that show the attachments that it can use. I take my old gas caps to NAPA for them to match up a new one for me. They succeed more than they can't. Do ALL of the maintenance that the owners manual calls for. Good Luck, Rick

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
If you exhaust your search then you might try Kelch.com they made a lot of the lawn and garden tractor fuel caps, some with gauges.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to GTT. First, that is not a lawn tractor that is a real good garden tractor. It can do a lot more than a lawn tractor. Go into our manuals section and download the manuals for that tractor and any sales brochures that show the attachments that it can use. I take my old gas caps to NAPA for them to match up a new one for me. They succeed more than they can't. Do ALL of the maintenance that the owners manual calls for. Good Luck, Rick
We already did take the old gas cap to Napa they was of no help and we can't find a model number or anything on this one All of the stuff is wore off gone so we are trying to learn everything we can about it with just by the picture but yes NAPA was of no help
And it did come with a rototiller attachment on the back
If you exhaust your search then you might try Kelch.com they made a lot of the lawn and garden tractor fuel caps, some with gauges.
Thank you I will try this place too thank you for your input

·
Registered
25 Posts
That appears to be Ariens S-12H, S-14H, or S-16H (only real difference being the engine HP). Before Ariens started making that line, New Holland made them for a few years. The New Holland S-Series tractors used a Vickers hydro, and so did some of the earlier Ariens S-series. Soon after acquiring the line from New Holland, Ariens started using sundstrand hydros and had to use a different gas tank to fit around the new hydro. I’m wondering if you have the Vickers hydro and maybe the gauge is different? Post a pic of what’s under the seat.

After the S-series came the GT series, and then the Grand Sierra. To my knowledge, all attachments from all of those lines from 1972-late 90’s, including the New Hollands, work with any of those machines. Many parts are also interchangeable, but not all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That appears to be Ariens S-12H, S-14H, or S-16H (only real difference being the engine HP). Before Ariens started making that line, New Holland made them for a few years. The New Holland S-Series tractors used a Vickers hydro, and so did some of the earlier Ariens S-series. Soon after acquiring the line from New Holland, Ariens started using sundstrand hydros and had to use a different gas tank to fit around the new hydro. I’m wondering if you have the Vickers hydro and maybe the gauge is different? Post a pic of what’s under the seat.

After the S-series came the GT series, and then the Grand Sierra. To my knowledge, all attachments from all of those lines from 1972-late 90’s, including the New Hollands, work with any of those machines. Many parts are also interchangeable, but not all.
Okay so in the morning I will go out and take a pic of under seat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I got my gas cap from Feebay, but look up Glen's Surplus in Ohio I have gotten some there, they had the right ones for these machines at least as of about a year ago when I was last there
they do have a site online and do ship.

·
5,514 Posts
You have the Vickers hydro of the earliest ones. It almost appears to be a a 12 on the hood sticker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts