Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it out of 42" long 3" OD conduit, a 5" long 3" OD anti-scalping roller cut in half and a couple of flange bushings. Had to modify the stock gauge wheel brackets too. To keep the roller parallel with the back of the deck, the right bracket is longer. The wheels are still in their original mounting holes. What I found strange is in order to have the deck level from side to side the left bracket is set one hole higher then the right bracket. And no, I don't think the deck is bent or has been damaged...as far as I can tell anyway. It was out of level before I made and installed the roller. BTW: The cost was $0.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Road surface Asphalt Wood Automotive tire Wind instrument

Hand Tire Wheel Watch Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Sports equipment Automotive tire Asphalt

·
Super Moderator
55,390 Posts
Guess if that's your goal for the yard, drive on. I don't understand any of that, not a priority to me.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Looks nice. But I tend to go any which way when doing grass. It’s sorta better for the grass if you change direction at times. And I have a smaller yard. Not quite as easy to do. You can get a sorta striping just going back and forth like you do with out the roller. Two of my MF garden tractors have the roller already on the deck from factory. I’ve heard of putting a piece of carpet on the back of the deck and doing striping.
We all have our ways of cutting grass.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Thank you Noel for the compliment. I also change my pattern every time I mow. Sometimes I even change mowers. :) Gota love that Kentucky Blue Grass. View attachment 412826
View attachment 412825
Yes, changing mowers is another good thing to do. Which I do sometimes. Just depends on how many out of the 11 garden tractors and lawn tractors are in the mowing mode and are up and going for the year. Hehe. Forgot about that one. Nice place you have there.

Noel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts