Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, new member to this forum but have been reading for a few months. I am in the final stages of a Bolens 1050 restoration. This is my first ever attempt at restoring a tractor.
IMAG0051.jpg

Still a few loose ends to tie up (that seat is just sitting on there) but she does in fact run. I drove it out of the shed under it's own power just before snapping this pic.

Thanks for looking and thanks for all the advice that I have found over the past several months.

While I'm here, does anyone have or know where I can find a rototiller lift link for this tractor? ebay has had a couple but I always get outbid.

Attachments

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,273 Posts
eblanks said:
does anyone have or know where I can find a rototiller lift link for this tractor? ebay has had a couple but I always get outbid.
The lift link for your tiller is the same as the one used for the snowblade attachment and the snowblower attachment. .....The link for the tiller was painted red, like the tiller. .....The link for the snowplow & snowblower matched the yellow color of the attachment.

Lift links for the later attachments may be a different color, but if the attachment was for the tube-frames, the lift link will be the same.

·
Tractorholic
628 Posts
welcome eblanks, nice 1050 you have there...bruce is right the lift link is indeed the same for the plow and blower, mine was the same yellow coloer...same for the bracket that gets bolted to the same bolts as your foot rest on the same side....atleast mine was...

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
Bruce Dorsi said:
The lift link for your tiller is the same as the one used for the snowblade attachment and the snowblower attachment. .....The link for the tiller was painted red, like the tiller. .....The link for the snowplow & snowblower matched the yellow color of the attachment.

Lift links for the later attachments may be a different color, but if the attachment was for the tube-frames, the lift link will be the same.
no the tiller link is longer then the front mounted attachments. i use a piece of chain on mine works just as good

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Yes the lift link for the tiller is longer then the one used on the front mounted attachments. We just found that out when we hooked the tiller up on dad's 800.

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe I got the belts from www.mfgsupply.com. It was one of the first things I ordered and that goes back over a year so my memory is a bit hazy. I just googled the part # and their site came up. I was curious what the red belts would look like but kind of took a chance since this model has other red accents. They definitely stand out but I don't think they look too bad.

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,273 Posts
1967bolens collector said:
no the tiller link is longer then the front mounted attachments.
Sorry, guys! ......I was wrong when I said the lift links were all the same! ......Thanks for correcting me!

It's good that I learn something new everyday, because I forget something old everyday!

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Bruce Dorsi said:
...It's good that I learn something new everyday, because I forget something old everyday!
On the upside, as you get older, you don't remember having forgotten LOL!

·
Tractorholic by Marriage
304 Posts
Welcome! Your 1050 looks great!

·
Tacos!
1,082 Posts
Nice looking tractor and welcome to GT talk. This is a great, truly friendly place to share and ask questions. Not nearly as rigid as some other sites and a lot more humor here, not all of it good but at least there is more. :)

·
Tractorholic
349 Posts
If you still need the lift link for your tiller let me know I built mine and I can build another looks like the original

1 - 15 of 15 Posts