Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a mf8h complete with a710 mower deck a mf720 snow thrower and a snow blade. Paid 300 for it I know that the snow thrower is for a mf10-12 rider but it has been converted to this mower. Are there supposed to be springs on the deck Jack shaft to keep the belts tight.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
I recently bought a mf8h complete with a710 mower deck a mf720 snow thrower and a snow blade. Paid 300 for it I know that the snow thrower is for a mf10-12 rider but it has been converted to this mower. Are there supposed to be springs on the deck Jack shaft to keep the belts tight.
First, :welcome: to GTTalk,, second... Your post might get a little more foot traffic if it was its own thread. Let me know if you want me to move it for you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
First off Welcome to GTT. I don't know about your 710 deck but here is a pic from or factory original MF8. There are no springs just a belt from the jack shaft to the deck.

Attachments

·
372 Posts
Welcome to GTT, the only spring on the 8H jack shaft is one on top of the frame next to the engine to disengage the drive belt from the engine.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts