Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a MF16 last week. Deck, blower, tiller. Has every little bracket and bolt for the attachments. The deck is bent. The grill is bent. The clutch field didnt work. Swapped it out (broken internal winding). Mule drive shaft broke, swapped. Deck works. Didnt try the blower. Tiller works, had to put a new chain on, #50. Runs good. Smokes a little, prolly because there is about 3 qts of oil in it. lol

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Plant Vehicle

Attachments

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Very nice. Congrats

Reactions: mikebramel

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Congrats, nice find.
You've got everything for the tiller? Under tractor belt sheild/guide?
I'm working on getting a tiller, but all those pcs are missing. If I get it, I may have to
bug you for info.

·
Super Moderator
54,370 Posts
Looks to be a keeper, Mike. Sounds like you are getting the issues under control. On the extra oil, might want to check if you are getting gas in there, float/fuel pump may be letting fuel into the crankcase.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Geez,that looks alright,Mike.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Great find Mike. The grill looks like it isn't bent too bad and would be able to be bent back into shape. That is awesome that you got all of the attachments with it also. :thumbs:

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
That's a nice looking tractor and attachments!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Looks great! Likely a 76 model with the footboard extensions. And the headlights even work!

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
Wow Mike, thats a nice tractor

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
That sure is in nice shape. It's always nice to get attachments like tillers with a used tractor.

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IamSherwood said:
Congrats, nice find.
You've got everything for the tiller? Under tractor belt sheild/guide?
I'm working on getting a tiller, but all those pcs are missing. If I get it, I may have to
bug you for info.
Yes, all the brackets, belt guide. Even the kickstand for the snowblower! If you need any measurements let me know.

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KennyP said:
Looks to be a keeper, Mike. Sounds like you are getting the issues under control. On the extra oil, might want to check if you are getting gas in there, float/fuel pump may be letting fuel into the crankcase.
Thank you, that is a good point

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MH81 said:
Mike, that's fantastic. Sounds like a survivor to me!

What model tiller is that? I saw one sitting in the weeds couple of weeks ago with a MF14. Guy will not discuss sale of it yet. Still has hopes of using it in his golden years.
Mf550 with two extensions. I think the manual says 44" cutting path.

Good luck with the search

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NUTNDUN said:
Great find Mike. The grill looks like it isn't bent too bad and would be able to be bent back into shape. That is awesome that you got all of the attachments with it also. :thumbs:
Its just the one slat that is bent a little bit. Patina

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
olcowhand said:
Looks great! Likely a 76 model with the footboard extensions. And the headlights even work!
I think its #3400 or something. And yes, doesnt it look pretty with the lights on LOL

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
greencoach47 said:
Nice but i think your getting to many tractors, it might be best if you send that one my way and Mike, "thanks for all your help"
Ill put it in the box with your dash. Does she want to buy you a whole machine now? LOL

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JDBrian said:
That sure is in nice shape. It's always nice to get attachments like tillers with a used tractor.
Yes, it is. Especially when there are all the misc parts and what not that get lost, and go their own way. Usually not with the tractor or attachment

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
Thats a very nice find Mike. I would love to find one of those down here..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts