Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
IMG_20161220_121056.jpg IMG_20161220_121105.jpg

Im sure a lot of you probably saw this on ebay recently. As it did not sell i managed to strike a deal with the owner. I mainly bought it for the front wheel weights, the rust on the bodywork really lets it down and makes it look more rough than it actually is, but i am going to keep it as this one has the Tecumseh engine and my other has a Briggs & Stratton so then i have one of each. He had it serviced before listing for sale (battery, belts etc) and even gave me the receipt for £180. It came with a blade, tiller and brinley plough. After speaking to him and questioning about the sleeve hitch he managed to find it in the shed, all original, even has the rod which goes from the lift lever to the sleeve hitch. The plough and sleeve hitch are completely original with all their decals, (i will be having these copied for my other 2 ploughs as they had been painted.

Will probably let some of the implements go, but would prefer to swap them for something i want.

The guy did tell me of another Bolens that he knows of with front weights, and said he would probably sell, so i am chasing this up, but early days yet.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
Nice score!

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I have good luck with Brinly getting decals direct from them. They are their newer style but good heavy decals and cheap, just praise them a little and ask. I sent them a photo of the cultivators, plow and sleeve hitch I rebuilt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice tractor, I did see this on eBay as well but sadly to far away for me, I have to say that I like it rusty as it is in original working condition.
Harry

·
Bolens
229 Posts
Great score Dave. I have never seen FMC front weights before.

Like Harry, I also saw it advertised but it was too far away.

Iain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yes I saw that too and put in an offer as well but never got a response either! Good to see it gone to a good home as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to find a set of front Weights for my 1971 - 1256 I have rear Weights and chains on it now. Got the tractor from my Grandpa who bought it new. Its always been garaged and is in near perfect shape. Not sure when but at some point Grandpa switched out the original 12 hp motor which i also have and put this 16 hp Tacumsa engine in it. Its entire life all its done is plow the 80' driveway. The mower Deck has never been on it. I also need a front engine cowl with the scoope. Again Grandpa raised this engine cowl to make room for this larger motor. He did a nice job but i want it to look more original. I don't want to cut in to its original cowl. Recently i picked up a newer and larger Bolins Plow with push bar's that hinge off the back axial he would be proud of my fabracating go's up n down nice and is solid . The original plow blade could be repaired and straightened but i never liked the way it was attached to the front. My design works 100 times better and i can clear the driveway of snow in less then 10 min, And i dont think the tractor know it did any work. Any help founding these iremos would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts